Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday Mr Stuff drove up to go door knocking with me. I had permission for 2 spots from a girl I work with and they were both complete duds, nothing but clad. So onto another area to door knock. We went to an area that has some pretty large houses, I call them Mansions, and I will pretty much door knock anywhere but even these places intimidate me a bit, these are 5,000-6,000 square foot monster 1800's homes. But Mr Stuff spotted a guy working in his yard, so we stopped to talk to him. We asked and the owner told us the yard had been hunted at least 5 times but gave us permission to try.

Mr. Stuff got a silver rosie, a barber dime and a few wheats, I got a 1942 walker at 3" deep, and 4 wheats, so it was more than worth the stop. From there we drove across town to another couple mansions I knew of, these were also 1800's. The first one we stopped at was even BIGGER that the last house. I thought NO WAY we would get permission, but I knocked anyhow, what did I have to loose? I was floored when the homeowner came to the door, in my mind I was expecting an older lady or man, but nope! What I saw was a mid to late 20's girl, who could have been a model, she was wearing a skin tight, hot pink, spandex mini dress that hid absolutely nothing. Not what I expected at all....lol :laughing7:

anyhow I asked permission and she said sure as long as I showed her my finds, so off we went, I think I found everything and Mr Stuff got skunked, maybe he couldn't concentrate after seeing this girl...hahaha. I got the 1919 silver France coin that someone started to make a coin ring out of and either lost it or gave up and tossed it into the yard! Then I scored the merc, 1896 indian, and the 1906 British coin. I told Mr Stuff when I showed her my finds if she wanted anything I would tell her I will make you a deal....if you let me take a pic of you holding it, then it is yours! I wanted to share with you what I saw, cause I doubt anyone would believe me. But when I showed her my finds, she said, congrats! Neat stuff and never asked for a single thing....dang!..lmao

We hit another place and I got the 5 cent trade token and the dog tags.....over all it was a great day!

DSC02628.jpg

DSC02629.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

DSC02632.jpg

DSC02633.jpg

Upvote 2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds......Copper stuff is really clean. Don't find them like that very often around here.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds......Copper stuff is really clean. Don't find them like that very often around here.:icon_thumleft:
I am lucky to have very mild soil here, thanks!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shouldve snapped a pic of the chick, lol

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the trade token and tags!

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! Good story! That token is really cool!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds......looks like someone started a "spoon ring" and didn't get to finish it

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great coins!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great group of finds! Good job :icon_thumleft:

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool story (esp. the description of the homeowner; did she ask how deep your coil went?). Great finds and the pics are very clear. Well worth the door-knocking.

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I agree with CJON455... need pic of homeowner.

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds i like the dog tags and the coin ring, is the 1925 dog tag silver or alluminium, i'v made a bunch of coin rings there real easy to make here's my best so far from a silver dime, you should try making one sometime, 024.JPG

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story (esp. the description of the homeowner; did she ask how deep your coil went?). Great finds and the pics are very clear. Well worth the door-knocking.
She didnt ask how DEEP my coil went...lol, but she was checking out my pinpointer...lmao!

Great finds! I agree with CJON455... need pic of homeowner.
i am pretty disappointed I didnt get one, I am sure you all would have liked to see one!

And the dog tag was aluminum, not silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread