4th trip to the local street tear up..Had to defend my hobby again..Some people !!!!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out after work again to the local street tear up in my town and....................

I'm getting tired of having to defend my hobby because of some person who thinks they have to stick thier nose into what I'm doing.
Lady ( about 50 ) ask me what I was doing. I said I was looking for old coins that people lost.
She says that there not mine to find....
huh.gif
huh.gif
??
What do you mean?
Well maybe the workers lost them and they will come back for them.....
What? There 3-4 inches in the ground and they were lost a while ago.
Well you look strange doing that and is that a knife you are carrying?
Well don't be doing that here. If there lost then you shouldn't be finding them....
huh.gif
??
Mam...Don't worry to much about what I am doing...
Then she went off on a rampage....
I told she was the strange one by telling what she had said....Go into your house and worry about yourself cause I'm not doing anything against the law... I live around here and I pay my taxes for this land right here and I will continue to do what I'm doing and I will move on when I'm done.
She went into her house all pissed off....
I'm tired of people making it there business to what I'm doing.

It turned out pretty good again.
Found some goodies.
First off I got a 1959D Washington Quarter
A bunch of wheat pennies ( 12 in all )
Then a 1926 merc followed by a 1920 merc about 10 minutes later.
Some clad and again some junk....

Thanks for looking and at least I didn't have to deal with police again this time.
IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG

Upvote 15

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds a good idea to dig there . I hope when that happens I choose the right words . I would probably use choice words they don't allow in church .

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you toot your horn everytime you go by her hose from now on.... just to say hi.... Nice haul!!

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good! People like that crack me up. They say you can't fix stupid, so keep doing what your doing! Great finds!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, I hate it when the crazies come out. maybe you should follow her to the grocery store and hassle her about buying groceries. jeez, freakin idiots

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some crazy folks out there! God bless them. Some of them are too funny with their so called knowledge of relic hunting laws or have weird ideas of what you are really are doing. Some that I've ran into, I think just could not stand the fact that you are enjoying your life and hobby and they don't have either. Also, I would not worry about the cops, they are typically good people and some of them hunt artifacts too. Looks like you had a good day with those finds. Smile and wave when you ride by that old bat's house! - Just my thoughts and opinion.

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell her you are looking for some bodies you buried a while back. Ask if she will help you find them........then start twitching and ask which house is hers......Sorry I couldn't help myself.:laughing9: And before it is said, I know that would reflect poorly on our hobby. BUT IT WOULD BE FUN. :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins. Congrats.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i say eff em

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"ordinance 768 'Mam, Abandoned Petrochemical Conveyance removal. Say, did you have this property checked when you bought the place?"

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grab all the Wheaties, and go pound on her door. When and if she answers, pull them out one at a time, and casually ask "did you lose this penny? Did you lose this penny? Did you lose this penny?
This one's from the 1920's, did you lose this when you were a youngster? (50 year old people start to get cranky about hitting or passing the half century mark.)
Then explain to the soon to be there authorities that you were just doing the right thing, trying to return lost items.
Yet another reason I'm not married,
Carl

Deputy Dave

Jul 13, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
I had that happen to me while detecting. I lady came out of her house and asked what I was doing I told her I was trying to find coins along the side walk. She told me I didn't have the right to be removing something that someone else had lost. I told her that she should go back across the street to her house and quit harassing me. She began cussing me and threatened to hit me with a remote phone she was carrying. I told her she should call the police and see did. When they arrived I arrested her and she was transported to jail by the officers for disorderly conduct, She didn't know that I was a Deputy sheriff. I enjoyed doing that.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Headed out after work again to the local street tear up in my town and....................

I'm getting tired of having to defend my hobby because of some person who thinks they have to stick thier nose into what I'm doing.
Lady ( about 50 ) ask me what I was doing. I said I was looking for old coins that people lost.
She says that there not mine to find....
huh.gif
huh.gif
??
What do you mean?
Well maybe the workers lost them and they will come back for them.....
What? There 3-4 inches in the ground and they were lost a while ago.
Well you look strange doing that and is that a knife you are carrying?
Well don't be doing that here. If there lost then you shouldn't be finding them....
huh.gif
??
Mam...Don't worry to much about what I am doing...
Then she went off on a rampage....
I told she was the strange one by telling what she had said....Go into your house and worry about yourself cause I'm not doing anything against the law... I live around here and I pay my taxes for this land right here and I will continue to do what I'm doing and I will move on when I'm done.
She went into her house all pissed off....
I'm tired of people making it there business to what I'm doing.

It turned out pretty good again.
Found some goodies.
First off I got a 1959D Washington Quarter
A bunch of wheat pennies ( 12 in all )
Then a 1926 merc followed by a 1920 merc about 10 minutes later.
Some clad and again some junk....

Thanks for looking and at least I didn't have to deal with police again this time.
View attachment 659770 View attachment 659771

should have told her to "piss off" as the brits say!
he! ehe! he! don't ya just love the "nutcakes?"
maybe she needs to get a little! hope you didn't offer!
he! ehe! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had 1 guy, as he snickered, "Lookin' for buried treasure?" hehehe........."Nope" I said......."Lookin' for Jimmy Hoffa.......Ya seen him?" "Here's your sign" (The stupid sign)

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of my small home town, pop. 700 who had a local old maid that was the local gossip in town. She let everyone know that a certain local bachelor had his car parked in front of the municipal liquor store more often than he should be. The word got back to him so he parked his car in front of her house and walked the 3 blocks to the municipal liquor store a couple of times. Problem solved ! ! ! !

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TNGUNS said:
Tell her you are looking for some bodies you buried a while back. Ask if she will help you find them........then start twitching and ask which house is hers......Sorry I couldn't help myself.:laughing9: And before it is said, I know that would reflect poorly on our hobby. BUT IT WOULD BE FUN. :laughing7:

That's awesome LOL!

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminds me of a time I was mding with two buddies in the hood. When we were pulling out our detectors from the trunk one of the locals with droopy pants and a backwards baseball cap asked, "yall makin a movie or sumthin".

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds,but I think the lady has a crush on you and doesn't know how to tell you.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread