metal detecting clubs

Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im only 13 years old i've been detecting for almost two years i am having problems locating old homes or parks where it is legal to detect. if anyone knows how old you have to be in order to be in a metal detecting club that would help out alot. also if anyone has an old home or park site near nashville tn that would also help out also.

Upvote 0

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me and u both kid lol. gonna hit the library tmw. they say u gotta do ur homework and research to find the good spots in ur cit

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our club has no age restrictions and welcomes young people. I am sure you can find the name of a local club and send them an email. I would really recommend it!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
WELCOME TO T-NET! So far I've detected parks, beaches and neglected city-owned lots. I've felt surprised to find my best stuff in the abandoned lots! Keep in mind that any piece of property may have been used for another purpose in the past than it is now! Keep an eye out for city lots or country fields where there is evidence of old foundations where buildings used to be. Where you see a newly-built subdivision of homes now, possibly was an old farm, picnic area or stores long ago. Even if your friends and relatives live in newer homes or in apartment buildings, there may be some nice old silver, gold or relics on their land. Many people here on t-net have been happily surprised to find old coins, nice old toy cars and jewelry in yards where modern homes are now. You could also ask permission to detect school ball fields and playgrounds in your area, as they may also contain great surprises.

If there's no detecting club in your city, you can start one! Whether you do or not, please let us know about the things you've already found and those you dig up later! Andi

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
There are no age restrictions for the club in Nashville. They meet the 1st Friday of every month. Tennessee digger

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find the old ground thats been ploughed:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions