Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last nite we got a much needed 2 1/4 inches of rain....so I know exactly where I was going..door knocking!!!Last year I knocked at this 1860's house and got turned down, but this spring he gave me permission for a field he owned where an old church used to stand. I hunted it this spring and while there I found a token that had the owners deceased mother's name on it, have been meaning to take it to him for a long time, was waiting for a good rain so I could ask again to hunt his yard.Well today I knocked on his door and handed him the token and his eyes lit up, he was so happy I had found it and took it to him. So now was the time to ask to hunt his yard......he said "sure, don't see why not"!!!.......yes, sweet! Giving him the token worked perfect in my favor, It meant more to him than me anyhow.Well in his yard I got 4 wheats, 1920 buffalo, 5 indians 1883, 1889, 1899, 1905 and 1906....small sterling ring, bird pin, 1950 dog tag, and a small crotal bell.....and only 4 clad coins, gotta love yards like that. While I was there his wife who said "NO" last year was bringing me out iced lemonade today. unreal they were like different people today.When I was done I showed them all my finds and asked them if they wanted anything, I could tell she was eyeballing the crotal bell, I handed it to her and told her to keep it, she said "no I can't take it, you found it", I insisted she keep it and it seemed to make her day.Amazing what kindness they showed me today after giving them that token......oh and that takes me to 101 injuns for the year!!
DSC02640.jpg
DSC02641.jpg
DSC02642.jpg
DSC02644.jpg
DSC02645.jpg

Upvote 4

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds,congrats to you. The coins look like they are in very good shape. We had rain yesterday also(northwest indiana) unfortunately I did not have a farm to hunt,soon hopefully.HH and may we all be blessed with more rain.

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper holds up well there but not here, great job!

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job. Great story!

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great job all the way around... Glad you are giving our hobby a better reputation then most people perceive. Those small things that most never think about go along way. Congrats

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
wow, your soil is kind to those. I dug a bunch over the past two weeks and most were green blobs!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The IH cents came out very nice....I just dug 8 at a new site in my last 2 or 3 hunts. How are you cleaning them? I found two 1884 and it seems they are both double dies. Any '84 double dies in your 100 IHs? I was surprised to see the first (one both sides) and even more so to see the second (obv). Was it common in that year to have a double die error? Nice finds all around!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The IH cents came out very nice....I just dug 8 at a new site in my last 2 or 3 hunts. How are you cleaning them? I found two 1884 and it seems they are both double dies. Any '84 double dies in your 100 IHs? I was surprised to see the first (one both sides) and even more so to see the second (obv). Was it common in that year to have a double die error? Nice finds all around!
detailed instructions of all my cleaning methods are on my website, link is in my signature!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions