A dirt pile!!??! OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha! This time the laugh was on me. If you read a previous post of mine regarding a dirt pile, you'll understand why I started wringing my hands and going oh boy, oh boy, oh boy today.

Similar circumstances, local park, no apparent dig spots in the area, and there was another big pile of dirt. I passed my detector over it and sure enough, a hit! I was tempted to just stop, put the detector in the trunk and get out my sifter again. But, the pile was fairly big so I just decided to detect for a bit.

I kicked at the pile, (sort of in remembrance of the last one and hoping to cause another run of luck. :) ) I was grinning ear to ear when this brand new penny tumbled out. I actually said, "OK! GAME ON!" LOL

But, after about an hour of absolutely nothing, except an occasional piece of can-slaw or a bottle cap. I figured oh well, nothing ventured and all, and anyway, it did put a smile on my face for a bit.

Maybe the next one, maybe the next. :)

HH!

Upvote 0

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the enthusiasm-it's not always what you find, sometimes it's just the thrill of the hunt!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
314789_384339111631399_724462366_n.jpg

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get excited when I see a pile of dirt like that, just never know what you might find.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread