My first Civil War bullet found in my front yard! (Video)

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey today i decided to go hunt my front yard. I have already found 36 square head nails that i have been told were used with supply crates for the troops. well they would burn the crate and the nails would be left behind! so i want a little left of the area and BAM! A Nice 87-90 id number and high pitched sound...directly under a big root!:BangHead: i dug it and in my pile was this!

I cant believe it still! In my front yard was probably a confederate! campsite!

Upvote 0

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome! Keep up the good work!:occasion14:

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find man..glad your having better luck there than back up here, lol

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome man I remember my first ,oh what fond memories :laughing7: ! Anyway back to that bullet , looks like you have some good soil in that area , and if you found square head nails that is a good sign of life during that era ... so even if it wasnt a civil war camp you still will more than likely score some old finds ... . Do some research on your land most county's ussually have some online records you can research .. and learn more about the past owners find out historical information to help.. and in some cases there are sanborn fire insurance maps which show exact locations of dwellings and prevy pits ..So good luck with the hunt and keep us informed of your finds ! ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread