Pinpointing

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
First time on Today’s Finds,
Well today I wanted to work on my pinpointing with my MD its only a 1225x but works great for me. Instead of going anywhere I thought I would do my yard, first hit was a 1976D dime. Not bad I thought then a peace of wire, needle nose pliers, 7up can about 10 inches down, some nails got to have nails. Then a 1957D penny and last was a 1984 penny. House was built in 89 still trying to find out what was here before?
The thing that really got me is that each of the coins has little specks of what looks like gold. Have not cleaned them off yet until I can check this out.

I think I’m getting a fever ;D
Joe

Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Great job and keep working your yard. Not long ago I found a beautiful gold Scottish rite ring in mine!
Keep up the good work!
~Nashoba~

T

TreasureTales

Hey No. Cal. neighbor, welcome to the forum!! Our yards are awesome places to begin our metal detecting hobbies. And as we become more proficient, our yards are good places to continue to hunt. About once a year I'll do my backyard and it never ceases to amaze me how much stuff I overlooked the last time I did it. Through the years I've found coins, toys, trash, flatware, and each year there is something else I overlooded. And since my backyard is inaccessible to the public, I know the stuff wasn't thrown there within the last 12 months but that it must have been there all along (just like yours, my house was built in 1989). So good luck and have a great time!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
NC6,

welcome to the board.

Backyard is one of the best spots to
try out and test your machine. Start
there and your on your way.

Hope to see more post on your finds.

have a good un............

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome...
some of the best stuff I've found has been in my backyard, plus you get the satisfaction of cleaning the unseen junk out. keep at it!

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your very own yard is always the perfect place to start - I've found many a goodie in my own yard.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am testing out a wild theory on operating my detector I always hit the curb in front of my house. No matter how often I hit it and dig something up, I still find things every time! So, OK, which one of you is tossing corroded Lincoln pennies out in my yard? Monty

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum and hobby Joe. Will be no time until you will have that pinpointing down well and out hunting many sites.

Good luck will be looking forward to your future posts.

Postalrevnant

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya i hate diggin and diggin and its a can!!! But hey u dug it up no1 else woulda found it! GJ n keep huntin ;D

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold heh? ;D

Hope you're not considering another 60' hole! :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread