DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back and hit an area that 5 houses were finally torn down. MUD MUD MUD.
I have hit these houses at least 6 other times and have gotten a lot of goodies.
This is my 4th I H from these houses and my 5th silver coin . One being a 1907 Barber Dime.
It was really hard to detect in the mud since we have had a lot of rain.
Persistence paid off again.
That is the key to finding the older coins. Always give an area that is old a few tries.
At first I was only pulling clad from these areas. With going back several times it slowly paid off each time.
They are not super great finds but they are the type of finds that make this hobby so fun to do...

Thanks for looking and HH for those of us who's season is coming to an end....I know mine is very soon.

Attachments

• 11-16-06 001.jpg
    11-16-06 001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Those sound like very nice finds to me buddy.

You're so right about going back over sites. I've been hunting one certain site for 14 years now and this year was my best year ever at that one place.

Metal detectors aren't nearly as perfect as we'd like to think. We miss loads of stuff everytime we hunt a location.

Badger

T

TreasureTales

Very nice finds. You're right, of course, old places are not to be given the quick once-over. They should be gone over many times in many directions. Maybe you'll find gold next time out there.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Glad you got out there and you did real good, congrats.
May all your searches produce treasure!

Smiles!
BDoo

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
I wondering how many times i can hit the same areas by me not that you said you've been there 7 times..Makes me think how many coins i left.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN SILVER THIS YEAR!!!! :o You WAY passed your goal!!! Congrats!!

Think I have made it up to twenty. :D

Great on the finds! Nana ;)

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
awesome finds ..... you gotta love Indian Heads ..... and silver ...... and gold .......oh and clad !!!!!!

way to go !!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for your replies. This property is huge at 1 time it had 9 houses on it but during the summer months they had fill dirt stored on it.
they just tore down 5 houses with 1 left . There is just so much ground to cover. I makes it easier when the grass has been smashed down .
They took away a lot of the top soil. Soon there will be condo's bye bye coins

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Congrats on the great numbers.

HH Jer

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Nice finds. Apparently something has payed off very well for you this year. Amazing numbers of silver and wheaties.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Man that is some great diggin Bob. Im right there with ya,its been raining over here for 48 hours straight and a mddy mess out there. I do a lot of the demo houses and some of them you have to hit as hard as you can as fast as you canr regardless of the wether,those bulldozers move fast. Good to see Im not the only one ot there in the muck,though I wish my finds were as impressive,I think that will come with time. Keeo digging them up and I will keep looking at them...HH

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Nice digs Bob.I haven't been MDing in a while & i am starting to get a bit nutty about it ! I gotta find some time this week to hunt some before i go maddddddd......... ;) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread