Collided Civil War bullets! Plus a new video..

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great day on the water yesterday. Found a few things, got wet, and shot a video of it all.

Here is an overall shot of the days finds...

P8170053.JPG

This is may favorite find. It is two Civil War pistol bullets that have fused together after firing. You can clearly see the bullet track through the bottom bullet.

P8170005.JPG

I also found another Crow's Foot battery. These were placed in a jar with a chemical solution and the reaction between the metal and the liquid generated enough electricity to power telegraphs.

P8170007.JPG

Talk about one thin dime!

P8170021.JPG

This was a favorite find. It's a link that was used to hold two train cars together back in the day. A person would have to drop pins through the end and into a hitch. They say you could tell how long a person had been working on the railroad by how many fingers this hitching system had smashed completely off! The government actually made the railroad go from this system to the self locking ones we have today because these links and pins caused so many amputations.

P8170017.JPG

Here is a beaver slide where they are going up the bank and getting corn stalks to patch their dam. They also eat the corn ears.

P8160009.JPG

And the beaver "stick and corn" dam...

P8160015.JPG

One last shot of me. It rained very hard for a few hours and I had to leave because the creek began to flood...

P8170038.JPG

Plus I caught all of this on video. Here it is if you care to indulge..

Upvote 4

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You live by the code of high adventure!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome Crow's Foot battery and pistol bullets:occasion14:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to think that your siblings will be born with webbed feet.
Damn you Darwin!
Carl

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video & thats why I bought the AT Pro.....It can rain all the time now!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and finds aquachigger ! I enjoyed the video . Looks like your creek will have more and more seekers , that's gonna aggravate ya .. sorta what happened to one of my sites .. not sure how you are going to handle that one . I like the steam train link and collided bullets . Don't like poison ivy , found out the roots are worse than the plant leaf . I was shocked to see the beavers messing around with corn stalks :icon_scratch: all beavers love hard wood . Thanks for the vid of an exciting hunt . Mother nature has no adverse effects on the AT .. that's impressive . I always knew Maryland had some great relics and you sure are getting your share . HH & many more finds your way !

:skullflag: dawg

Last edited:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds and nice video. Love to see someone get out there and hunt no matter what!

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't mess with the beavers they can get real mean real quick
great hunt love those 2 pistol rounds never seen anything like that before

U

umrgolf

Great find with the fused bullets, and agree with your theory of impact

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dadgum it man, don't you ever find any "normal" stuff!! I miss my old stomping grounds! I don't know if you are old enough to remember but we used to go to building sites after they scraped the topsoil and eyeball all kinds of bullets, buttons and other stuff. I wish I had kept all of it but there was so much that we didn't really put a lot of value to it. I gave away most of it away and my brothers "inherited" the rest when I joined the Navy in 1969.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dadgum it man, don't you ever find any "normal" stuff!! I miss my old stomping grounds! I don't know if you are old enough to remember but we used to go to building sites after they scraped the topsoil and eyeball all kinds of bullets, buttons and other stuff. I wish I had kept all of it but there was so much that we didn't really put a lot of value to it. I gave away most of it away and my brothers "inherited" the rest when I joined the Navy in 1969.

That was a little before my days, but I do still keep an eye out wherever I go. I've done pretty well eyeballing stuff over the years. Funny about your brother "inheriting" your stuff back then. Maybe it's time to start up the collecting again?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a little before my days, but I do still keep an eye out wherever I go. I've done pretty well eyeballing stuff over the years. Funny about your brother "inheriting" your stuff back then. Maybe it's time to start up the collecting again?

I live in South Georgia now and I don't have anywhere near the hunting spots I had when I was growing up in Maryland. Maybe I'll get back there for a hunt one day.

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrars on the finds. I'll have to try creek hunting it seems to pay off!

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That link is a very good find. Have you ever found any pins to go with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions