This time I brought a gun - Blue Max 600 coil - to a knife fight.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year, using an Ace 250, i liberated 4 mercs, 1 buff, a WW2 era pin, and a broken bit of 18k earring from one particular 1950s apt. site. I went back with my white's spectrum eagle with 9" coil for a brief visit a few weeks ago, but didn't get anything worth mentioning.

Last week I replaced the 9" coil with my newly acquired Blue Max 600, and hit the apt site a lot harder and longer, and finally, after a couple of hours, I pulled out a 1913 Barber dime from 5" deep (my last started thread). It came from an area of the site I had not found productive last year. That it was a Barber was a big surprise for me, I guess because it's such a relatively modern site.

I went back today with the 600 coil, and walked right over to a spot about 4 yards from the barber hole, by the fence around the dumpster. Immediately hit a nice dime/penny signal and it was a fat juicy Merc. I love it when the first swing is a sweet one, that doesn't happen too often.

I worked out from there and quickly hit a 1945 Washington quarter, as well as several wheaties. Then another Merc. I don't even remember which hole the last merc came out of, my memory is blurry, but it was close to the other 3. After that, the magic ended...just a few shallow clads from other sections of the property.

A nice bonus was the animated interest taken in my treasure search by a lovely young, buxom blond cutting her toenails on the apt. stoop.

I like this 600 coil. It works like a cat scan to isolate the desirable signal that I want to hear from adjacent anomalous signals.

2 dimes, quarter found 28 rd 8-18-12-33.JPG Photo of todays finds, plus last week's Barber, all found within a few yards of each other. 1936s merc, 1943d merc, 1945 wash,1913 Barber, 28,28s,52d,45,38d,49 wheaties

Upvote 1

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Good job on going slow, and reaping the rewards .I am a huge fan of small coils,sometimes people will see my 4" coil and chuckle.Then I show them a pouch full of coins...... Continue to hammer that spot to death.Happy hunting.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's great. I've got a Bullseye 5.3" on my XLT and it stays on my machine 99% of the time. better trash separation than the 950. I even have a Snooper 3" coil. it's a great coil, but it will work your arm to death. I usually only use it for getting around stuff like bricks and foundation and junk after they tear a house down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread