Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scaupus

Thread: This time I brought a gun - Blue Max 600 coil - to a knife fight.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Apr 2011
    S. Florida
    432 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

This time I brought a gun - Blue Max 600 coil - to a knife fight.

Last year, using an Ace 250, i liberated 4 mercs, 1 buff, a WW2 era pin, and a broken bit of 18k earring from one particular 1950s apt. site. I went back with my white's spectrum eagle with 9" coil for a brief visit a few weeks ago, but didn't get anything worth mentioning.

Last week I replaced the 9" coil with my newly acquired Blue Max 600, and hit the apt site a lot harder and longer, and finally, after a couple of hours, I pulled out a 1913 Barber dime from 5" deep (my last started thread). It came from an area of the site I had not found productive last year. That it was a Barber was a big surprise for me, I guess because it's such a relatively modern site.

I went back today with the 600 coil, and walked right over to a spot about 4 yards from the barber hole, by the fence around the dumpster. Immediately hit a nice dime/penny signal and it was a fat juicy Merc. I love it when the first swing is a sweet one, that doesn't happen too often.

I worked out from there and quickly hit a 1945 Washington quarter, as well as several wheaties. Then another Merc. I don't even remember which hole the last merc came out of, my memory is blurry, but it was close to the other 3. After that, the magic ended...just a few shallow clads from other sections of the property.

A nice bonus was the animated interest taken in my treasure search by a lovely young, buxom blond cutting her toenails on the apt. stoop.

I like this 600 coil. It works like a cat scan to isolate the desirable signal that I want to hear from adjacent anomalous signals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 dimes, quarter found 28 rd 8-18-12-33.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	599.5 KB 
ID:	665530 Photo of todays finds, plus last week's Barber, all found within a few yards of each other. 1936s merc, 1943d merc, 1945 wash,1913 Barber, 28,28s,52d,45,38d,49 wheaties
    Lady Pirate likes this.

Mar 2011
    95 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great finds! Good job on going slow, and reaping the rewards .I am a huge fan of small coils,sometimes people will see my 4" coil and chuckle.Then I show them a pouch full of coins...... Continue to hammer that spot to death.Happy hunting.

Jun 2011
    White's XLT
    1726 times
    that's great. I've got a Bullseye 5.3" on my XLT and it stays on my machine 99% of the time. better trash separation than the 950. I even have a Snooper 3" coil. it's a great coil, but it will work your arm to death. I usually only use it for getting around stuff like bricks and foundation and junk after they tear a house down.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links