Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
MXT w/D2

Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds.jpg Gold1924.jpg

Pounded the totlots and parks with my husband today. I squealed with joy when we unearthed many treasures, such as a charming horse charm, a lock and a way cool Statue of Liberty commemorative bronze coin and about three bucks in clad.

Our chests were puffed out with pride after a pretty good day digging in the rural midwest. That is, until we got home.

A VERY dear friend who is a coin collector rang our telephone and instructed us to get out the metal detector, saying he had something very important to share with us. We had been taking care of him through an illness, so we braced ourselves for the worst. He arrived, said nothing for a moment and tossed a coin, still in its holder, into the deep grass and invited me to sweep it with my metal detector.

Being the brilliant metal detecting expert that I am, and since I saw where he threw it, I retrieved the coin within seconds. As I bent to pick up the coin, he said "Finders keepers," then jumped into his car and drove away.

I looked at the coin in my hand and could swear I heard an angel sing- it was a 1924 St. Gaudens $20 gold coin in my palm!

You just never know what you'll find when you open your heart, eh?

Upvote 8

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Wow!! Congrats on your new coin!! And congrats on doing the right thing to help a friend!

Dave

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Holy smokes! Good friend indeed. Good for you. Tennessee digger

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a fine token of appreciation for taking care of a friend in his time of need . IMO St. Gaudens $20 gold piece THE US Mint's finest designed coin . Finders Keepers toss cracked me up . I didn't see that coming. Hope he feels well and what a great way to say , Thanks :o

CMDdawg

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice story-I was bracing myself for a bad ending, but that's really cool-of you and him.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see good things come to good people........He is blessed to have ya:icon_thumleft: and found a grand way to show his appreciation......Last thing I had thrown at me was a brick.....Just kidding. Congrats from the Volunteer state.

rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing! Keep taking care of your friend, for the right reasons of course =P Thanks for sharing with us!

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!!! If you want to sell it I'll pay the 400$ ;)

Kayleealways

Aug 19, 2012
That's just an awesome story. Great guy. Nice finds at the tot park also. Feel free to sub me on you tube under my name here. HH

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess thats what good karma is all about. Congrats one that one.:icon_thumleft:

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm touched by your Caregiving efforts and how your friend returned gratitude. That, alone, is most golden.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say, what goes around, comes around. Very nice of you to help him out in his time of need, that is a true friendship.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread