Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had another less than stellar day today. Thought I'd try the creek nearby, 4 pennies and lots of garbage.

At least, I thought it was all garbage.

The dime is just for size comparison. The tiny piece of metal I found in my scoop was assumed to be can slaw and tossed in with the rest of the junk. It caught my eye when I was transferring to my trash bag in the car. Upon closer examination something I didn't expect was stamped on it, "sterling". Small, only about .5 gram but, I guess I did get silver. LOL

The penny is the editorial comment. Not mine, I got it in change, but, somebody seems to have a problem with the cheap replacement for currency accepted by the US anymore. A real shame. :(

Thanks for peeking.

HH!

Attachments

• IMGA1610.JPG
    IMGA1610.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMGA1613.JPG
    IMGA1613.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGA1612.JPG
    IMGA1612.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGA1611.JPG
    IMGA1611.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 1

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool post and interesting insight on the penny "art" :headbang: Congrats on the silver catch! :occasion14:

hunterV3

Mar 3, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II & Etrac, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really good point about double checking your junk finds. After buying a silver/gold test kit, a friend of mine discovered two of his "junk" rings were silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions