Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday I had the day off and called my buddy Mr. Stuff (Dave) to see if he could get off work as well. He did so we met up and went door knocking. First place we hit was a early 1900's house that had a double lot, there I got several wheats, 2 mercs, 1943 Washington quarter and the war nickel.

We spied another old house and got permission, all I got there was clad, 2 wheats, and the good for 25 cent token.

The lady across the street was in her yard with her dog, so we walked over and chatted with her, got permission there, and I got a few wheats, one wheat had the 1906 indian in the same hole, and another 1904 indian showed up, and also got the 1937 Washington there too.

The house next too her looked pretty old so we asked permission there and got it, nothing good there but the religious medal, couple wheats, and clad.

We found another huge old house and the owner said it had been hunted before, but he allowed us to search anyhow. I found the token that said "good for one package of mints" got the 1870 large copper from Spain and a 1890 indian in one hole under his clothes line, couple wheats, Key and lastly I dug the 1909 indian in the backyard...(no "S")

all in all it was a good day, we hunted almost 9 hours...only one house all day said "no" ended up with 5 silver, 4 indians, 2 tokens, 20 wheats, the 1870 copper from Spain and a pile of clad.

DSC02687.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02693.jpg

Upvote 3

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So tell me...My cousin and I were pondering about door knocking this fall/winter. How successful do you think on average you are with people saying yes, that you can detect their property? We have a total of 2 or 3 places to go, with limitations on one of the properties. We would really like to hunt homes this winter, but we're just unsure of how people will react. Thanks!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So tell me...My cousin and I were pondering about door knocking this fall/winter. How successful do you think on average you are with people saying yes, that you can detect their property? We have a total of 2 or 3 places to go, with limitations on one of the properties. We would really like to hunt homes this winter, but we're just unsure of how people will react. Thanks!
I have a permission FAQ on my website, click the banner in my signature. I have a pretty high average of getting people to say yes.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hall and your website is awesome !!!:icon_thumleft:

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never disappoint in the silver & IH finds, G4e! WTG!! My favorite however, is the token, as I have always loved the token in one form or another!!!

Congrats again!
IM

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice day. I have read your FAQ in the past. I saw a great looking house to hunt...and chickened out. I'll give it a shot next time I'm in that area. It's a beauty, 1890's is my guess, all brick. This was a good thread of inspiration.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome website....thanks for the advice

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul g4e! What's your silver count for the year?

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW ~ that's is a whole lot of nice finds man! WAY TO GO!!

I dug the same 1870 Spanish coin at a park in Portland a couple months ago! SO COOL!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another nice haul! I dug that "Good for One Package of Mints" token way back in about 1986 in my parents back yard with my very first metal detector - a Fisher 1220X

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldnt find any info on the keepataw token.....anyone know anything about it?

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Group of Coins and Other Finds! Very Nice!

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldnt find any info on the keepataw token.....anyone know anything about it?

Lemont is a town from the 1800s along the I&M canal close to Joliet outside of chicago. Allot of towns and villages outside of Chicago have mid summer festivals called "Days"+ town name or village name. I'm guessing the token is from the 70s as now all the festivals use paper tickets for food and beer. Token was propably for the beer tent ;)

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a token guy I trade a lot of my tokens to for old silver coins, emailed him last nite, and he made me a generous offer for the Lemont token, must be a decent one.....and it is older than 1970s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread