Its good to see old friends

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It's good to see old friends

I ran into an old pastor friend (we'll call him Ernie) earlier in the week and asked how old his parsonage was (thinking it an old farmhouse). He said it was from the '70's but the church had torn down the old building. This sounded okay to me, so I asked if I could come out and do some metal detecting. Old friends are usually quick with approval, and this was no exception. I stopped out to scout the other day and Ernie gave me a quick rundown of the property. He mentioned a sunken area along a busy road that I had never noticed, but it sounded like a foundation to me. This morning, that is where I started my hunt. First a wheatie, then a buffalo and third, a dateless Standing Liberty Quarter! I was lamenting a few days ago, when a beautiful 1930 SLQ was posted, that I hadn't found one yet. My only complaint now, of course, is that there is no date! The rest of the morning was busy, with a lot of chewed up wheats and two silver Roosevelts. I have only just begun my search of this property; it probably consists of two or three acres of old farm/orchard. I expect there will be more treasure to come, thanks to an old friend.

Upvote 0

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Re: It's good to see old friends

That's quite a haul from a quick outing.............I'm sure there's much more to be found. You're right, it's good to see old freinds. Good luck, and keep us posted on your finds!!

Roger

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds....seems like a hot spot

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man keep digging! That is a lot of ground to cover. :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

And the pictures of your finds are where?? ???

Just teasing you, halfdime. Congratulations on discovering a great site and on finding your first SLQ! :)

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Mona, you've changed! Da Vinci never imagined you this way. I should have clarified my situation with pictures. I did a posting about a 1912 Barber dime yesterday and stated that I don't have the means to post pictures yet. Had I that ability, I would first post my namesake, an 1837 half dime. I just got a computer and I'll have to wait another decade to do pictures with it!

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the SLQ!​

Looks like you've found a great place to detect.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Welcome aboard Halfdime,

Glad to have you with us.

Your right, it is good to run into old friends. It sounds like a great place to dig. I hope you find a lot of nice finds. Please keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread