🥇 BANNER At another undisclosed spot in the Western United States

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG, that's some awesome tecting there. Hope you find three more on your next hunt.
Banner for sure.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Now go find the breastplate! :)

Cheers,

Buck

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Banner / lifetime find. :headbang:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score, gotta be pleased with those plates!

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hat's off to you Papa Bear. Congats!

I can't dig any faster but I'am going to try.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice! The work paid off. Congrats!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Amazing finds!!!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely deserved the banner! CONGRATS on an awesome hunt.

HH,
Anita

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic Civil War finds! Congratulations on making the banner and for finding these great artifacts! :) Breezie

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wav.gif

NewsMan

Mar 25, 2011
Congrats on the amazing finds. However...
My thanks to all. Now lets get back out there and rescue more of our history. :occasion14:

Rescuing a piece of history; not THE history. So many of you guys are so hung up on not revealing your spots that you leave the history OUT when you come here and post your finds. While I WHOLLY agree in protecting your sites - to give us NOTHING, in regards to THE HISTORY, is truly a disservice in my opinion. There are plenty of ways that hunters can give some historic details and still stay VERY safe.

I'm interested in hearing at least a sanitized variation of the story that led you to where you are. To me, that's as interesting as the find itself. Enjoy the relics all you want; I want to enjoy the story of the history. That's a big reason I like to surf this forum. The history is what brings me back as much as the relic of history.

I mean, what are the possible reasons there were three buckles in one hole? What is the general story of the local tale? Location isn't what I want to hear... I wanna hear the Americana part!

Keep up the good work!

Just my .02.

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great finds--nicely done!!

All the best,

Lanny

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find Papa Bear , you did the home work and it paid off Congrats and Good Hunting......

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the amazing finds. However...

Rescuing a piece of history; not THE history. So many of you guys are so hung up on not revealing your spots that you leave the history OUT when you come here and post your finds. While I WHOLLY agree in protecting your sites - to give us NOTHING, in regards to THE HISTORY, is truly a disservice in my opinion. There are plenty of ways that hunters can give some historic details and still stay VERY safe.

I'm interested in hearing at least a sanitized variation of the story that led you to where you are. To me, that's as interesting as the find itself. Enjoy the relics all you want; I want to enjoy the story of the history. That's a big reason I like to surf this forum. The history is what brings me back as much as the relic of history.

I mean, what are the possible reasons there were three buckles in one hole? What is the general story of the local tale? Location isn't what I want to hear... I wanna hear the Americana part!

Keep up the good work!

Just my .02.

Well do you think the man that put them in that hole put it on paper, not me but 150 year later papbear got his MD and took the time to hunt, And now he got them.
I have a book that has most all the spots I have pulled history out of and one day some one will know all the spot. Most of us that dig the artifacts do it to be part of that history.
There are books out there for the ones that just need to read about it, but the Relic hunter is a historian if he put more in to it then just digging it up. And that's just me I can't know how some fell, but I do know how I fell! But there was a Civil War here and now we are looking for the artifact of that (WAR) Get you a book and read. I put my artifact out two or there times a year in the Public Libray for all to see and talk to any one that will seat for a short or in my case a long time. Hope to see you there. And I will get in my truck and go hunting this week and hope that I will find a Artifact and the truck will be a Ford.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions