🥇 BANNER At another undisclosed spot in the Western United States

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the amazing finds. However...

Rescuing a piece of history; not THE history. So many of you guys are so hung up on not revealing your spots that you leave the history OUT when you come here and post your finds. While I WHOLLY agree in protecting your sites - to give us NOTHING, in regards to THE HISTORY, is truly a disservice in my opinion. There are plenty of ways that hunters can give some historic details and still stay VERY safe.

I'm interested in hearing at least a sanitized variation of the story that led you to where you are. To me, that's as interesting as the find itself. Enjoy the relics all you want; I want to enjoy the story of the history. That's a big reason I like to surf this forum. The history is what brings me back as much as the relic of history.

I mean, what are the possible reasons there were three buckles in one hole? What is the general story of the local tale? Location isn't what I want to hear... I wanna hear the Americana part!

Keep up the good work!

Just my .02.
What you need to understand is the guys that consistently fing great artifacts dont just get lucky and happen on to them.They come from long hours of research,which leads them to where the great finds likely will be.....so when one starts giving out juicy details to tell a great story you are just making a short cut for the forum trolls to go fence jump your site....kind of what has happened to Papabear.This is why I not only dont tell stories,but dont post finds!

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's amazing, Congratulations, Banner for sure!!!.........Good luck on the return hunt!!!

HH
Eddie

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made a great bunch of historical finds! Congratulations on the accomplishment and on the well deserved banner nomination!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your really nice finds. Your research and inquiry paid off. You were probably taken aback while you were pulling each one of those buckles out of the ground. :icon_thumleft:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious; Did the sagebrush retake the area that you searched?

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really cool. It's a wonder you didn't nick any of them with all those multiple targets. I dug 6 Gardner bullets in 1 hole this year and nicked 1. I still felt like a kid in candy store, as I'm sure you did....
Congrats

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Awesome finds. Waiting for my big day like that.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread