🥇 BANNER Found an awesome coin spill today

U

umrgolf

Found an awesome coin spill today (Video added)

(I've posted close-ups of all the coins in reply 65 per hogge's request. Turns out, the 1843 has a die crack on the reverse known as the "Lightning Bolt")

I was gonna wait to post this til tomorrow because I haven't even started putting the video together yet :laughing7: Anyway, today I returned to the site where I found the CS tongue and continued my search for the wreath, and certainly didn't expect this.

I was in a little corner about 70 yards from the spot where the CS buckle came from and my first target was the brass ring seen in the first photo. The next signal, about 2 feet away, was bouncing around like a bullet. I dug down about 7 inches and was surprised to see a nice 1857 seated dime come out of the bottom. So I got back up and starting scanning the immediate area and 5 feet away, BAM a signal banging on 88!! Before digging it, I scanned a little more to satisfy my curiousity and BAM, another signal hitting around 88!! So I dug that second signal first and at around 7 inches (again) it turned out to be a dateless Carolus IIII 2 reales. I went back to the previous signal and dug it out, also at 7 inches, and it was the 1856-O half dollar. So after all the excitement of the first three coins, I scanned the small area once more to find no more obvious signals and began expanding outwards. About 15 feet from the half dollar signal I got a very weak bullet-like signal very similar to the first dime. I dug it out at yet again 7 inches and it turned out to be an 1858 halfdime. Another three feet from that signal, BAM another high 80's signal at 7 inches that turned out to be the 1843 quarter. And last but not least, I went back over to the area where I found the first three and got a very IRONY blip and found the last coin, an 1857 quarter at about a foot deep.

If you did read the last sentence, it gives me very good reason to believe there are more coins to be found at this spot. Thanks for looking.

-Jeff

Sorry this video took so long! I tried to upload it to youtube twice yesterday and finally got it on round 3 :laughing9:

1858 halfdime
1857 dime
1843 quarter
1857 quarter
dateless Carolus IIII 2 reales
1856-O half dollar

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
Upvote 31

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, your goal for seateds dug this year, just grew by leaps and bounds!:headbang: The 2 reale is a nice bonus and just whispers what more might be at that site!!:hello2: Congrats my friend and I really do hope you find that wreath!!! You've got my banner nod as well......duh!!!!!:laughing7:

IM

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I can just imagine the excitement you must have experienced, all silver, all special, don't we all wish we could find something like this once a year, wait, once in a lifetime of hunting would be good enough. Congrats on a banner hunt!

Don

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Very Nice!!
Congrats!!

Joe

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is an Awesome Coin Spill! That is a Great Spot You Are At! Good Job and Way To Go!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to put in the time digging that last quarter! That is some deep digging! Kudos to you sir!

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible! banner vote from me! and to think, i havent even gotten a clad spill yet! :tongue3:

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing finds. That is unbelievable. Can't wait to hear about your next visit to the site.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearly BANNER worthy finds - this is what we dream of !!! I would pound that entire area repeatedly until there were no sounds at all !
Argentium.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing coin spill Jeff !!! I can just imagine some soldier in camp stumbling around drunk, losing all his pocket change. Your silver to copper ratio out in those Missouri camps is just off the charts!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome. Makes you wonder what happened in that spot. I hope you go back and find many more and the rest of that buckle. Good luck!'HH
TnMtns

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me or are those coins incredible condition for being dug?

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is something you can call "Coinspill" A huge loss back then.... Congrats on a great find! Go back, there must be some more!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can see why you didn't wait.

awesome bunch of coin finds, I'd need a new diaper, for I'd likely poop myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread