Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Line and Circle Petroglyph Found in North Carolina

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Interesting piece of 'industrial' art (my name for it), not seen one before.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    585 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Looks like a stone monument set by a land surveyor; a rather important one actually.

I'd ask the county surveyor, or if they don't have those in NC, a local one.

These things cost thousands of dollars to set, and they will not endear you to land owners if they are disturbed. Most places it is illegal to disturb them and there is no treasure under them.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2007
    Mn.
    E-TRAC
    402 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    It looks like "The All-Seeing Eye" carved on the stone.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    585 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgerdodger View Post
    It looks like "The All-Seeing Eye" carved on the stone.
    You caught us flat - footed. We're out to subvert the world by protecting your private property boundaries!
    Chisos and Gunrunner61 like this.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Aug 2012
    2 times
    While trying to get everyone together at the same time to get someone that actually knows what they are looking at Ive ben scrtching my head trying to figure out what the symbol is/means. The "All Seeing Eye", its does look similiar but again I dont know. And as for a land marker.. Maybe? Ive been burning up Google trying to identify anything of the sort and so far I cant explain it. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe a web-site link that could help? And this IS a long shot and Im no doubt going to get some laughs at this one but could it have anything to do with the Knights Templar? Just eliminating possibilties here guys..lol

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster
    334 times
    Can't help with what the stone is. I just want to say 'thank you for your service to the USA". Semper Fi,

Anita (mother of a Marine)
    woodjc2001 likes this.
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    791 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woodjc2001
    While trying to get everyone together at the same time to get someone that actually knows what they are looking at Ive ben scrtching my head trying to figure out what the symbol is/means. The "All Seeing Eye", its does look similiar but again I dont know. And as for a land marker.. Maybe? Ive been burning up Google trying to identify anything of the sort and so far I cant explain it. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe a web-site link that could help? And this IS a long shot and Im no doubt going to get some laughs at this one but could it have anything to do with the Knights Templar? Just eliminating possibilties here guys..lol
    Why only one picture? Surely you must have more. Show them please.
    woodjc2001 likes this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woodjc2001
    could it have anything to do with the Knights Templar?
    I suppose they could have needed to make some soap too...

Seriously, did you read the links provided?

Did you google "lye leaching stone"?
    Last edited by arapahoscout; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Now I've been out in the desert, just doin' my time.
    Searching through the dust, looking for a sign.
    If there's a light up ahead, well brother I don't know.
    But I've got this fever burning, in my soul. - Johnny Cash

us
    Sep 2008
    East Coast
    Metrotech
    72 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Good link below. You need to read down to page 3.

http://www.southeasternarchaeology.o...re_History.pdf

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    585 times
    Where is this thing?

Context is important, or at least the next step in figuring it out.
    Last edited by Bum Luck; Sep 11, 2012 at 08:00 AM.

Aug 2012
    2 times
    the reason for only one picture"ticm" is because my cousin and myyself were finishing up a camping trip when the camera that we (which had most of the pictures) had went swimming to the bottom of a lake on our way back with the only other picture from a cell phone which is what you are looking at on this thread. I know its a crummy picture and being the only one is not helping with identifying and/or helping gather information on it. For that I appoligize, however I plan on re-visiting the site very soon to gather alot more in-depth photos of both the stone and the area. im going to treat the area as if Im Reconing it for the Corps again lol. just without the M4 and gillie suites this time. ...

Aug 2012
    2 times
    Bum Luck.. it is just outside of the uwharrie national forest in NC. its on private property and is very romote. I have full permissions to be on the property as I please so thats not going to be a problem. There are no creeks within roughly 500 yards, the terrain is fairly rough with alot of steep hills and rocks. The rocks by the way still seem to have been removed from a 20'-30' area and are also nothing like the one the stone is made of. the surrounding rocks are both small to very large and mostly quartz and granite. Im not sure what type of rock this stone is made of but it just looks nothing like the native ones lying around. I have not disturbed the ground around or under the stone, I'll leave that to Mr.Bramlettand the other experts. When all of this takes place I will be sure to post any and all of the infromation as well as answer any qeustions on the matter. Thanks to everyone for your help so far.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    585 times
    woody,

Here's a link to the NGS web site for North Carolina:
    NCDENR - NC Geodetic Monuments

That lists the NGS survey monuments, but of course wouldn't list another kind. I does give you an idea what's out there though.

us
    Mar 2009
    Oklahoma
    Garrett ace 250
    119 times
    I believe that I've seen this same stone posted either elsewhere on this forum or on another. I am fairly certain it was here though...maybe treasure in the news or treasure stories?
    Tnmountains likes this.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    585 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BixbyTreasure View Post
    I believe that I've seen this same stone posted either elsewhere on this forum or on another. I am fairly certain it was here though...maybe treasure in the news or treasure stories?
    Knights Templar Plots Magazine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links