Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my detecting adventures for this past weekend, I went out on Saturday for about 5hrs and again on Sunday for about 4hrs. Saturday I went out with a buddy of mine and pretty much got skunked, though we both still had a good time. We visited a couple of places I had been researching for the possibility of finding some old coins but all I found was two wheat pennies and couple of bullets, at least I think they're both bullets. I can tell you that they were real buggers to find. This was the first time I had ever come across any bullets. To tell you the truth, the thought of finding bullets around here never even crossed my mind, after all I'm not in a rural area. I'm only used to pulling up coins, bottlecaps or pulltabs, so I wasn't even seeing them laying there in the dirt. The hollow point bullet, the first I came across, must have literally taken me ten minutes to find, despite the fact that it was right in front of my face. If the darn thing had teeth it would have bit my nose off. I would have given up but my detector kept showing a real strong hit with the target right at, or near, the surface. I will say, in my defence, that the slug was a lot dirtier before I cleaned it up for this picture.At the time it looked more like a piece of a stick, or a root, than anything metal. Sunday was a far more productive day for me. I got in the car and played my favorite game of letting my navigation unit bounce me from park to park, school yard to school yard. I found $5.87 in clad, including a golden dollar coin. I also found two womens, or teenage girls, sterling silver rings. My oldest daughter kept me company on Sunday and I kept joking with her during the day that I was going to find her a nice gold and diamond ring. Well the rings I found might not have been gold, and they certainly didn't have diamonds but she loved them anyway, though they're too big for her small fingers just yet. These are the first rings I found and finding them really made for a nice day out, that and having my daughter keeping me company all day.

In other MD related news I can tell you about, I made some new acquisitions this week. I bought some nice old map files, which were scanned in full color from original Beers Atlas maps of 1875, they came on CD and I hope to use them, along with some other resources I've acquired, to help me to find some old silver coins. I also bought a double barrel rock tumbler to clean my clad and a vibra-probe pin pointer, to make life easier finding coins in the dirt. I had ordered the pinpointer on Thursday of last week and it arrived today. I could have used it to find those bullets a heck of a lot faster but at least I'll have it for my next time out. Well I'm geared up pretty good now, darn shame winter is just around the corner. Thanks for reading my post.

Happy Hunting
Johnny

Attachments

• DSCN4928a.JPG
    DSCN4928a.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCN4930a.JPG
    DSCN4930a.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCN4933a.JPG
    DSCN4933a.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCN4934.JPG
    DSCN4934.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN4941.JPG
    DSCN4941.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCN4942.JPG
    DSCN4942.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCN4944.JPG
    DSCN4944.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN4948.JPG
    DSCN4948.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
nice finds there mr cache. love the wheats and rings are always welcome. i also use the gti 1500. love it. dig much less trash. a real time saver. keep swinging. gf2 in tx

T

TreasureTales

Nice finds, and nice that you took your little daughter with you.

Did you happen to find both rings in the same general area? I just get the feeling that they both belonged to one person, I guess they seem similar to me, and not just that they are both silver. Something about them says "one person's loss" to me. Oh well, I'm probably just delirious. ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
JCH,

congrat on the first rings; a ring day
is a good day, two is better.

Silver is always nice.

have a good un..............

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations finding rings for the first time is really awesome isn't it. Great rings as well. They might not be gold, but they both look pretty solid. I have to agree them bullets sure are buggers. Especially .22 calibur. They drive me nuts.

Great deal being able to get out and have a good time with a friend as well. That's the best part I think.

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
Johnny Cache Hunter

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Did you happen to find both rings in the same general area?

Actually, I did. I'd estimate that the two rings were no more than 6 to 12" apart from each other. I was in shock a little bit when I dug up the second ring, particularly after just having dug out my very first ring not a minute prior. Then of course my mind starts fantasizing that I found some wondrous site brimming with jewels, Doh, snap back to reality, its only a school yard, its only a school yard.

Attachments

• Doh.jpg
    Doh.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 316

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Congrats on finding your first rings,Johnny!Those are nice and it's great you got out with your daughter.Really good pics of your finds too.I thinking of gitting a vibra-probe too.Let us know how good it works.Take care~DM

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, i also have found the exact wave ring ;D ;D ;D

HH
-GC

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thoase are some great finds...My daughters snag all the rings I find also! :) Cheyenne keeps them all on the same chain in her treasure chest...I tell her dont lose them...they are your college fund :D

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
congrads on # 1 and 2 rings !!!!!!!!!!!!! been there before too, got 3 of em in a 10 foot circle,,, what a rushhhhhhhh... :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Way to go Johnny! I'd have thought the same thing school yard or not. Congratulations on the first of bullets too, trust me you'll find more. Great hunting!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Couple nice rings. Those silver ones usually ring up good on the detector. Detecting without a pinpointer can be a pain - especially when trying to find those little dark colored objects.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the nice silver rings.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread