Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not been on in awhile folks.Been pretty sick with Rocky Mountian Spotted Fever.After many test & running blood cultures they finally found out what was wrong with me.Thank Goodness thought I was going away from here for awhile.Anyway today I got out for the first time for more then a month.I spent most the day riding the rivers & looking but did make some finds & as always with my post I show everything that I bring home.The sun worked me over pretty good though think I rushed it a little & spent to much time in it.The antibiotics they had me on (doxycycline two weeks) makes the body not take sun to well.Here's the finds..................

Take Care,
Pete,

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 2

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Nice assortment of finds, particulary the arrow heads and flint?. I love the mini balls.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
timekiller said:
Not been on in awhile folks.Been pretty sick with Rocky Mountian Spotted Fever.After many test & running blood cultures they finally found out what was wrong with me.Thank Goodness thought I was going away from here for awhile.Anyway today I got out for the first time for more then a month.I spent most the day riding the rivers & looking but did make some finds & as always with my post I show everything that I bring home.The sun worked me over pretty good though think I rushed it a little & spent to much time in it.The antibiotics they had me on (doxycycline two weeks) makes the body not take sun to well.Here's the finds..................

Take Care,
Pete,

Isn't that caused by ticks? Anyway good finds arrow head is cool and that stuff in your hand too.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah damn dirty ticks.

Nice point.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that caused by ticks? Anyway good finds arrow head is cool and that stuff in your hand too.
Yes it is.And don't have to be bit either.You can get it just from smashing one infected.Anyway it's pretty rare to get which is why they had a time figuring it out.Also they notified the health department of it.
Thanks & Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
If you found all of that while you are sick, then you are going to be hell when you are well! Good job. Tennessee digger

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its great to see you back hunting again Pete. Glad to hear your health is improving! nice finds too!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice plate full of goodies. that spear point is cool :icon_thumleft:

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking arrow head.

Quick question. Will arrow heads produce a certain VDI # on my Signagraph? I can't find anything in my owners manual about arrow heads or whether they have an Icon on my Visual Discriminator.

:laughing7:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking arrow head.

Quick question. Will arrow heads produce a certain VDI # on my Signagraph? I can't find anything in my owners manual about arrow heads or whether they have an Icon on my Visual Discriminator.

You need to ask ticm about that, I think he knows a guy who lives near the river. I heard that from someone.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see you back.
I always enjoy your finds.

I always keep a can of bug repellent in my pack. Alot of ticks out in the fields.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope u feel better....getting ready for heavy hunting season in new bern....cooler :)

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pete , Glad the docs got a handle on what your symptoms where before it was too late . Usually if infected , one gets high fevers then red spots all over the body . Delays in prognosis and treatment lead to convulsions, then coma . Once out of the coma most fever patients are partially paralyzed . Rocky Mountain Spotted fever almost killed my Mom . I have been treated for lymes quite few times since the ninetys . Damn those ticks with Borrelia burgdorferi. I go out my way to destroy them . Aside from all the pestcides and a army surplus flame thrower , I even buy guinea hens and turkeys that eat those stinkin' parasites :mad: . Be careful out there and it looks like you are on the right road with your recent finds . Take care man , see ya later this Fall

:skullflag: CMDdawg

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good start......

U

umrgolf

Glad you're back out, and very glad that they figured out what was ailing you. Good to see you on the forum :headbang:

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to here you are ok that can be very bad. I know some one that got it aswell took them three mo. to get over it.
And good to see your finds some cool stuff. Stay out of the sun. HH.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched a show on Lymes disease. it is nothin to mess around with. I hope you get better quickly. make sure they test you afterwards to make sure it's gone. that is a nice haul you got!

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone8-). Been sleeping off a brain busting headache today,think it was from the sun though yesterday.As I said it was so odd for them to diagnose cause I fell under the 1% of people who does not get the rash part.Which makes it that much more rare.I mean there's only a couple thousand confirmed cases in the U.S. each year & a little over five hundred in N.C. annually.And the % of those only 1% don't have the rash in hands which would had been the talltale sign they would of needed.The thing is I can't remember being bit for so long.So I think I've been carring for awhile & was what was making all my joints & bones hurt so bad.I've noticed they seem not to hurt so much lately.Anyway once you get it you test positive for it for life from the antibodies in your blood.Also it can relaps.Just some symptoms I had that got so bad that it made me go (have to go to the DR.) which I'm never been a fan of..............
1)-severe joint pain that rediated it seemed like through my vessels say from knee down to foot or elbow down to hand & all up & down my back.
2)-one minute I'd be freezing with chills next I was sweating bullets & hot
3)-Throbbing headache
4)-Severe diarrhea for me every 10 -20 mins for four days once it set in (yea my tail was raw to say the least)
5)- No appetite but I did stay thirsty
6)-I know I was sick but I had a feeling of being confused about everything
Anyway this was what I remember most about my symptoms I'm sure it's different for everyone but I'll post who knows it may help someone someday.
Take Care,
Everyone,
Pete,:hello:

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ug, glad you're on the road to recovery. Take time to rest up so you can get out in full swing!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking arrow head.

You need to ask ticm about that, I think he knows a guy who lives near the river. I heard that from someone.

Ya he does know.... But this Indian artifact mode only works on the east side or was it the west side:icon_scratch: in Wheaton near an old oak tree & You only need the guy in the van if you can't find the tell tale yellow brick road.

I'm glad you feel better now & were able to get out! Ticks are just terrible creatures I hate & the mosquitoes around here are driving me nuts even with plenty of bug spray on! We gotta watch out for that damn West Nile virus around here! That's a nice point... cool buttons & misc items too!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread