Key V Found Last Sunday

glenn63

May 3, 2012
I didn't find this beauty but my friend Tom D. did last Sunday. He was using a XP GMP in a heavily worked, iron infested area that has plenty of stuff yet to be found. Unfortunately the iron prevents most detectors from "seeing" good targets. He remarked that this unit has exceptional separation capabilities.

Ya know what's funny? I found an 1881 $5 gold coin close to this spot back in '09 and his nickel is probably worth more than my GOLD!!!

HH,

Glenn

image-2430620544.jpg

Upvote 1

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slab and grade that puppy, that's in beautiful shape.
I dug one years ago, it was so corroded that I had to take sandpaper to it.
And yes, I do know how to clean or not clean coins, this thing was so corroded, I just wanted to see what it was.
Killer condition, keep us posted on the grading!
Carl

filo

May 6, 2009
Are you kidding?! That's an outrageously awesome find. Congratulations!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! Send that to get slabbed. Nice profit coming your way.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin find.:icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XP GMP has the fastest recovery rate of any machine. Thats why I use it, it's not the deepest but can see the smallest silver coin in a bunch of nails.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Send that to get slabbed. Nice profit coming your way.
That coin has XF details! Great for a ground found nickel. Big $$$ coin find! Congrats.........Hogge. Which brings me to the "grading....slabbing" thing. FOR non-dug coins in this condition......MAYBE....and that's a very loose....MAYBE. The only way I would send any more of my dug coins to a grading co., is if I found "Continental Currency" and it needed to be Authenticated. These companies are a waste of time and $. And very often, the grades are much lower than you might think they are. You are just setting yourself up for a BIG disappointment. It's quite a bit easier,to sell a dug coin, out of the plastic holder so someone can actually examine it, than it is by having a "lower graded, environmentally damaged", sub-graded coin, in a plastic holder! Pg 1, line 1, Treasure Hunting 101. And anyone saying co.'s like the "conservatory" graders are better.........Guess again! They are WORSE, as they mess with a coins' patina even more! Good Luck with your coin grading!:BangHead:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin has XF details! Great for a ground found nickel. Big $$$ coin find! Congrats.........Hogge. Which brings me to the "grading....slabbing" thing. FOR non-dug coins in this condition......MAYBE....and that's a very loose....MAYBE. The only way I would send any more of my dug coins to a grading co., is if I found "Continental Currency" and it needed to be Authenticated. These companies are a waste of time and $. And very often, the grades are much lower than you might think they are. You are just setting yourself up for a BIG disappointment. It's quite a bit easier,to sell a dug coin, out of the plastic holder so someone can actually examine it, than it is by having a "lower graded, environmentally damaged", sub-graded coin, in a plastic holder! Pg 1, line 1, Treasure Hunting 101. And anyone saying co.'s like the "conservatory" graders are better.........Guess again! They are WORSE, as they mess with a coins' patina even more! Good Luck with your coin grading!:BangHead:

I agree, slabbing is unheard of in the UK. Collectors of coins began way before these companies made money out of nothing.

If you can't tell, don't buy, simple.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, slabbing is unheard of in the UK. Collectors of coins began way before these companies made money out of nothing.

If you can't tell, don't buy, simple.
I like the way you think. Clear...concise...to THE POINT! ( I tend to be a little long winded at times):laughing7: My mind wanders.

OP
OP
glenn63

glenn63

May 3, 2012
This coin will not be stabbed "professionally". It's new owner has a special place for these types of coins. And he has many!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread