Second Pentacle of Mars Kabbalistic Healing Charm

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While hunting a new spot I found this today and it sure got my heart pumping! It measures 1-17/32.
It sounded like a dime but really loud! It was about two inches down and I have only rinsed it with water.
At first I thought I was going to have to post it in the What Is It Forum, but after about 20 minutes I found some info on it.
Now every place I found info on it there was always some speculation, however, this info seem to be the best:

"…it isn't a coin, it's an occultic/spiritualist/kabbalistic healing charm. The design of the star-side is taken from the "Keys of Solomon", a medieval Kabbalistic (Jewish-derived esoteric teachings) text. See here for an English version of the text, with a translation of what the inscriptions are supposed to read.
The particular lettering around the star is a mystic/occult magic symbol derived from Kabbalistic traditions, called the "second pentacle of Mars".
The reason even Hebrew scholars are having trouble reading the inscriptions on these objects is that the design is a copy of a copy of a copy; errors have crept into the transcriptions and it no longer says what the original pentacle says."

In addition, from what I've read it is made form lead free pewter.
Now I cant vouch for the info and if anyone knows more about this please chime in.

Either way I am really happy with this find. 8-)
IMG_1919.JPG IMG_1920.JPG

Upvote 4

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recent loss? its in good nick for pewter, never seen one until now...

OP
OP
chrisplay2004

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has to be a recent loss for it's condition. Now i'ts a Recent Find for me...:laughing7:

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I was reading, I remembered a book I recently purchased and sure enough many of these symbols are in the book as well. The book is called Sign Language of the Soul.

Interesting find.

Eaglegolfj

Oct 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found the same token. A lady friend at work said she talked to a rabbi and said it was a kabbalistic amulet. Some sort of healing, good luck charm, kind of like the St. Christopher.
But mine is identical and took it to a coin shop and the guy there told me it was silver.

Eaglegolfj

Oct 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found mine at a public park in the playground area about 3" deep in the mulch.

Drunks

Dec 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody that has this coin willing to part with it? Send me a pm

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one also in Ann Arbor very interesting its in a box somewhere ..Good info on it

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, congrats! :occasion14:

Drunks

Dec 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one at all has this coin? That's very unfortunate, I was really looking forward to purchasing this one from a hunter.

Still if anyone reads this that has this coin, I'd still love to purchase it. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread