quiet day, but end of conflict.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Sep 2006
    Maine
    White's M6 & Prizm III
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

quiet day, but end of conflict.

Well today as I have done since deer season opened, I looked at both my detector and shotgun in my front seat and debated on which to do while I had an hour to play. Lately my detector has usually won out, but today, where deer season is winding down,I grabbed my shotgun and 15 minutes in the woods and I had my tag filled with a nice spike horn. Now there is no more conflict and as long as the weather holds out I don;t have to debate, I can just grab my detector and go for it without second guessing myself...
    So many promising sites to detect...so little time....

us
    Wolfpack Life Member

Mar 2005
    Stephens City, Virginia
    Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
    40 times

Re: quiet day, but end of conflict.

Congrats on the buck. Now, what to do is a no-brainer.

DM

Jan 2006
    Bethlehem, PA
    Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
    3 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hi Mainedigger
    I actually started metal detecting after my first daughter was born because I didn't have enough time to bowhunt and fish. Now I spend more time md'n than I ever did those other things. I really do miss the freezer full of venison.
    Congrats on the whitetail.
    HH
    Mark G

Oct 2006
    Madison, Wisconsin
    7 times

Good Deal you got your buck! The Traps are up the boat is out.. Hmmm all you have to do now all winter is relax LOL ok so its a bad joke!
    Happy Hunting MaineDigger!
    J.J.

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey I was just wondering where we can all meet for one of those fine steaks. Congrats on the buck,
    and now you can go hunting, real hunting with a metal detector

HH, Ringfinder
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    272 times

I have stayed out of the woods all week,except my own because of the hunters. I am glad everyone got their bucks ....now take your guns and go home so I can get back in the woods and detect!
    PS . Been eating venison steak since Sunday ...yum
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

Sep 2006
    Maine
    White's M6 & Prizm III
    31 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyheart
    I have stayed out of the woods all week,except my own because of the hunters. I am glad everyone got their bucks ....now take your guns and go home so I can get back in the woods and detect!
    PS . Been eating venison steak since Sunday ...yum
    Gypsy...not sure where you are at, but in Maine the shotgun/rifle season for deer ends the end of November, however after that there is 2 more weeks of muzzleloader season....woods aren't free and clear yet, so if you are out there, keep the orange on...
    So many promising sites to detect...so little time....

us
    Dec 2004
    Long Island New York
    White's XLT
    24 times

No conflict here, 6 year old daughter cant comprehend daddy shooting anything thats alive. How do I change that? any thoughts would be appreciated.

kenb

Jul 2006
    Mountains
    21 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey how about some {Deer} ole silver. Oh sorry I guess the word is dear. Congratulations on landing the buck. Now you can get back to them awesome finds that leave my jaw dropped.

Rev

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by kenb
    No conflict here, 6 year old daughter cant comprehend daddy shooting anything thats alive. How do I change that? any thoughts would be appreciated.

kenb
    You might explain that there's too many deer for the available food and you don't want to see them suffer and starve to death.

Maine, congrats on the venison. Good luck on the detecting, at least with it you don't have a bag limit.

TreasureTales

What? No photo of the spike buck? C'mon, let's see the results of that hunt.

It's sometimes tough to know which hobby to do at any given time, but there is a timeframe in which to hunt, so it's good you got your tag filled while you could. Now you can enjoy some good venison jerky (ah, my favorite) and a cold drink after a hard day metal detecting!!! That's my idea of a great way to enjoy the best of both hobbies. Mmmmm

ncgold

Got a 6 point friday myself small rack but weighed almost 160 lbs oh well can't eat the horns real good day congrats on the deer

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links