Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today as I have done since deer season opened, I looked at both my detector and shotgun in my front seat and debated on which to do while I had an hour to play. Lately my detector has usually won out, but today, where deer season is winding down,I grabbed my shotgun and 15 minutes in the woods and I had my tag filled with a nice spike horn. Now there is no more conflict and as long as the weather holds out I don;t have to debate, I can just grab my detector and go for it without second guessing myself...:):)

Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Hi Mainedigger
I actually started metal detecting after my first daughter was born because I didn't have enough time to bowhunt and fish. Now I spend more time md'n than I ever did those other things. I really do miss the freezer full of venison.
Congrats on the whitetail.
HH
Mark G

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I was just wondering where we can all meet for one of those fine steaks. Congrats on the buck,
and now you can go hunting, real hunting with a metal detector:)

HH, Ringfinder

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I have stayed out of the woods all week,except my own because of the hunters. I am glad everyone got their bucks ....now take your guns and go home so I can get back in the woods and detect! :)
PS . Been eating venison steak since Sunday ...yum

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
I have stayed out of the woods all week,except my own because of the hunters. I am glad everyone got their bucks ....now take your guns and go home so I can get back in the woods and detect! :)
PS . Been eating venison steak since Sunday ...yum

Gypsy...not sure where you are at, but in Maine the shotgun/rifle season for deer ends the end of November, however after that there is 2 more weeks of muzzleloader season....woods aren't free and clear yet, so if you are out there, keep the orange on...:)

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
No conflict here, 6 year old daughter cant comprehend daddy shooting anything thats alive. How do I change that? any thoughts would be appreciated.

kenb

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hey how about some {Deer} ole silver. Oh sorry I guess the word is dear. Congratulations on landing the buck. Now you can get back to them awesome finds that leave my jaw dropped.

Rev

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
kenb said:
No conflict here, 6 year old daughter cant comprehend daddy shooting anything thats alive. How do I change that? any thoughts would be appreciated.

kenb

You might explain that there's too many deer for the available food and you don't want to see them suffer and starve to death. ;)

Maine, congrats on the venison. Good luck on the detecting, at least with it you don't have a bag limit. :)

T

TreasureTales

What? No photo of the spike buck? C'mon, let's see the results of that hunt.

It's sometimes tough to know which hobby to do at any given time, but there is a timeframe in which to hunt, so it's good you got your tag filled while you could. Now you can enjoy some good venison jerky (ah, my favorite) and a cold drink after a hard day metal detecting!!! That's my idea of a great way to enjoy the best of both hobbies. Mmmmm

N

ncgold

Got a 6 point friday myself small rack but weighed almost 160 lbs oh well can't eat the horns real good day congrats on the deer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread