The bottle dump of all bottle dumps

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
Hey everybody... I always hear about everyone being so excited about finding a few bottles. Well... yesterday I went for a walk in the woods near myhouse and stumbled across and old foundation... I'll metal detect that later. What interested me is the bottles. There must be a 100 sq. foot area covered with bottles and I found some 11 inches deep. in one hour I found 37 pepsi bottles, 4 different makes. A 1950's duraglass one gallon jar, multiple old broen clorox jars with the old style handles, a 1950 heinz bottle, some nehi bottles multiole old beer bottles, the remains of an oldsmobile which I took the liberty of stripping of it's chrome and an old dirtbike which I can't find a name on. (also stripped of it's chrome) I seriously need to buy a digital camera. Imagine what I'll find with a metal detector. Now I want everyone to remember this was all in one hour. I will be there almost all day tomorrow. So get ready for updates.
K.K.

Upvote 0

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Now that's what I like to hear. Sounds super promising.Good Luck.
Mike

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a neat place to bottle hunt. Only wish you had some pictures of your finds, a picture is worth a thousand words!

HH, Ringfinder

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Res,

good luck with that site.

Ditto what Buscadero said, how about
some pics.

Pic not only of the bottles but the site also,
thanks.

And again, hope you find a bunch.

have a good un..........

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of around 10 dumps like that.. BUT I can never seem to get any money for bottles that date around that time.....

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty sweet

T

TreasureTales

Hmmm, yes a few photos would enhance this story. In the meantime, collect all the bottles you can and then decide which ones may have some value. They aren't that old, but you might find some that are worth a few bucks. A good way to tell if they have any monetary value is to check on eBay or any other similar website and see what is there and what they get as final bids. On the other hand, if you collect them solely for your own enjoyment, well then you are already rich. Are there any tins in the site? You know, something like spice tins or tobacco tins? Man how I envy the old dumps that people on this website come across. Too many of those great bastions of history have been scraped up and deposited en mass in huge landfills in this state. So get 'em while you can and clean them up, hold onto them for several years, and maybe you'll have a little nestegg in their values. In any case, you've got some nice things to enjoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions