Minelab exterra 505 how deep will it go?

annak

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2011
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a new Minelab 505 last week. It been a little harder to learn the settings compared to my BH Quick Draw II. It seems to me it does not detect as deep as my BH. I did do alot of reading and research when it came to buying my 505, but I have not heard much talk about how deep someone found their coins. I was wondering if I have a setting wrong. Most pennies are showing as "30" dimes as "42-45", I found them about 2-3 inches deep. I have been able to weed out most pull tabs and some pop cans. Even with the low volume of coins I do love this metal detector. I would love to hear from anyone else who has a Minelab 505 to learn what settings they are using! Thank you kindly for your help.

Upvote 0
L

lost hunter

Read Randy Hortons ebook on the xterra it really helped me out

calmerthanu

Jul 2, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i have found coins in the 6in range with it and bullets def up to 8in, the one problem i have had with mine is after 7 months use some of the buttons stopped functioning, have sent it off to minelab to determine the trouble but their customer service is extremely slow

OP
OP
A

annak

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2011
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning,

Thanks so much for helping me! I printed most of the the book this morning, then ran out of ink. I did read I need to bump up a couple of the settings in order to detect deeper. I have been detecting about 7 years now but just now up-graded to another detector.

One of the best thing that has happened to me is we bought a new house and my new friend next door loves detecting too. I could not believe my eyes when I saw her detecting in her back yard! I feel as though I have hit the lottery! She and I go detecting at least two to three times a week. We are girley girls and I am sure people can not believe we are digging away in the dirt. Perfume goes great with a dose of bug spray!! We spent Monday searching out new sites to to detect on. I cannot wait to go this coming week since we found some old home sites from the 1920's. I will certainly keep you all posted on our finds! Ahh love detecting.

Annak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread