Who says nice girls dont hang out on street corners?

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says nice girls don't hang out on street corners?

Street corners are quickly becoming my favorite place to hang out. :)

Yesterday I thought I might try out a new place, just for a change of scenery. I went to a different little town here in Oklahoma. Drove around a bit and came across a corner lot where there were two sets of old steps from the sidewalk up to the yard, but no house. It is right across from an old school and one block off the main street. I decided this is where we'll start. I tell you, this was the most fun I've had MDing. Kids always come up and talk to me, but yesterday I had people stopping left and right. I know I know you want to know about the gold...its anticlimactic.

Clark stopped first, older man (every bit of 75) live there since 1955. He gave me some new leads. told me about the people that lived in the big houses in town, where the trolley used to run, and about a former indian boarding school near my old spot. Then the lady who used to live in the house before it was torn down stopped by and told us that they still own the property and that we were more than welcome to go up into the yard..."someone might as well have some fun and get some use out of it" were her exact words. Lastly AND leastly was the guy who stopped and asked what I was doing and when I told him he snickered and rolled his eyes. I just smiled and moved on...I'd already found the gold.

So yeah, anticlimactic. Same as the rest of you, beep, penny...beep, can slaw...boop, holy $%^t, its gotta be fake, nope. 14K All 8 grams of it. Kept at it for awhile found more change and after talking with the woman, ventured into the yard and found the pretty little lady. I had to take her picture in negative format so I could try to get some of the detail of her face. Does anyone know what she is off of; bracelet, belt, or? Also a few wheaties and more trash.

Decided it was time to break for lunch. Didn't realize how hungry I was until I got in the car. Yay, veggie pizza and a salad.

Hit the park across the street, I actually hate parks. They are huge and full of trash, but I may rethink that a bit. first around an old tree near the entrance, I found some kids life savings either that or a guy who carries a lot of change took a nap there. Moved on a bit and found a 1951 50 Franc piece, she only worth like 1.25, but I think she's beautiful and her pet rooster is on the back, so maybe we'll just keep her around.

All in all my gas rebate was 2.04
The ring sold this morning for 216 in scrap gold

One last thing and I will move on. I'd like you guys to tell me what you always seem to find at least one of. It seems that every time I go out I find a drain trap (like for the shower) yesterday's was in the park, a pencil eraser, and a hot wheel door (yesterday's was blue). Odd

Anywho, Have a great day ladies and gentlemen and HH

Attachments

• IMG_20120915_095622.jpg
    IMG_20120915_095622.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20120915_101613.jpg
    IMG_20120915_101613.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20120915_102346.jpg
    IMG_20120915_102346.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_20120915_102411.jpg
    IMG_20120915_102411.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20120915_100328.jpg
    IMG_20120915_100328.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Upvote 11

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and sweet finds. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the ring. Good to talk to the old folks and get hunting tips. :thumbsup:

HH

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ive hung out with alot of nice girls on corners and alleys etc. etc. lol nice finds

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, your finds don't need to be great on here. The fact that you're a girl will get you pretty far! ;)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do, I'm from the corner.

OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are all to kind as always. I can always use a digger if anyone's game, LOL. Its alright Matt, I too have noticed that there are not a lot of ladies posting. I can only wonder why, since we girls all seem to like shiny, sparkly things. Also, I hope it isn't just my looks that keeps everyone coming to look at my posts. I'd like to think that they are truly interested in my finds and that, just maybe I have a witty or eloquent thing to say every now and again. It was quite a boost to see so many had posted while I was at the mental hospital for 16 hours. LOL. Have a great night and HH

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
What fun! With the gold ring, you sure got more than gas money today! Your style of giving details makes me feel like I was there also. I'm not surprised that the property owner was so nice, as during the two years I lived in Oklahoma I found the people there to be the friendliest of all the seven states I've lived in. HH Andi

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds, Bixby. Loved the narrative, too. We women do love the bling. I'm happy just to get out and hunt. Check out the group, "The Women of TreasureNet". That's "our corner"....LOL

Congrats on the gold!

HH,
Anita

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I find you on my street corner, I'd join you! :laughing7:

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw your comment about not too many girls out there-- thought I'd post and say Hi, I am a girl from PA who is new to the hobby and to this forum

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like lateley almost everytime i go out i find old pot pie tins it drives me nuts! Apperantly around my area everybody just walked around eating pot pies and tossing the tins aside back in the day.

OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFLMAO, Bone that's hilarious. AC1955, I'm so excited. Thank you for pointing me in that direction. I don't know how I've overlooked finding it.

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story!! Great Finds!! and no, not just cause you're a lady!! :)

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bixby,

Your "Looks" are a bonus but I'm just excited to see the results of someone who is hunting in Oklahoma. I'm new to this hobby and spend a significant amount of time trying to find tips/tricks/odds/ends to MDing in "these parts". There doesn't seem to be many people posting their finds. My guess is that most okie's feel like they would be competing with all the posters north and east of here. They seemingly have a deeper and richer history, as far as metal goes.

Owassokie

OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too sometimes feel that way. They do seem to find awesome relics in those areas and then you have the beach hunters whom I cannot touch in terms of finds, but I figure when we do find something awesome, we should boast a bit. LOL

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I hope it isn't just my looks that keeps everyone coming to look at my posts. I'd like to think that they are truly interested in my finds...

WHAT!?!! You've found something?????!

(duck and cover!! INCOMING!!) ;)

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread