Who says nice girls dont hang out on street corners?

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says nice girls don't hang out on street corners?

Street corners are quickly becoming my favorite place to hang out. :)

Yesterday I thought I might try out a new place, just for a change of scenery. I went to a different little town here in Oklahoma. Drove around a bit and came across a corner lot where there were two sets of old steps from the sidewalk up to the yard, but no house. It is right across from an old school and one block off the main street. I decided this is where we'll start. I tell you, this was the most fun I've had MDing. Kids always come up and talk to me, but yesterday I had people stopping left and right. I know I know you want to know about the gold...its anticlimactic.

Clark stopped first, older man (every bit of 75) live there since 1955. He gave me some new leads. told me about the people that lived in the big houses in town, where the trolley used to run, and about a former indian boarding school near my old spot. Then the lady who used to live in the house before it was torn down stopped by and told us that they still own the property and that we were more than welcome to go up into the yard..."someone might as well have some fun and get some use out of it" were her exact words. Lastly AND leastly was the guy who stopped and asked what I was doing and when I told him he snickered and rolled his eyes. I just smiled and moved on...I'd already found the gold.

So yeah, anticlimactic. Same as the rest of you, beep, penny...beep, can slaw...boop, holy $%^t, its gotta be fake, nope. 14K All 8 grams of it. Kept at it for awhile found more change and after talking with the woman, ventured into the yard and found the pretty little lady. I had to take her picture in negative format so I could try to get some of the detail of her face. Does anyone know what she is off of; bracelet, belt, or? Also a few wheaties and more trash.

Decided it was time to break for lunch. Didn't realize how hungry I was until I got in the car. Yay, veggie pizza and a salad.

Hit the park across the street, I actually hate parks. They are huge and full of trash, but I may rethink that a bit. first around an old tree near the entrance, I found some kids life savings either that or a guy who carries a lot of change took a nap there. Moved on a bit and found a 1951 50 Franc piece, she only worth like 1.25, but I think she's beautiful and her pet rooster is on the back, so maybe we'll just keep her around.

All in all my gas rebate was 2.04
The ring sold this morning for 216 in scrap gold

One last thing and I will move on. I'd like you guys to tell me what you always seem to find at least one of. It seems that every time I go out I find a drain trap (like for the shower) yesterday's was in the park, a pencil eraser, and a hot wheel door (yesterday's was blue). Odd

Anywho, Have a great day ladies and gentlemen and HH

Attachments

• IMG_20120915_095622.jpg
    IMG_20120915_095622.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20120915_101613.jpg
    IMG_20120915_101613.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20120915_102346.jpg
    IMG_20120915_102346.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_20120915_102411.jpg
    IMG_20120915_102411.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20120915_100328.jpg
    IMG_20120915_100328.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Upvote 11

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice finds and you seem to have a lot of new promising leads. Fantastic. I was gonna say something rude like HOOK-EM-HORNS, but then you'd say something about all the Austin girls that really hang out on street corners and I couldn't disagree with that so I'll just shut up now.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a nice story! The kind I like to read about!

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like you guys to tell me what you always seem to find at least one of. It seems that every time I go out I find a drain trap (like for the shower) yesterday's was in the park, a pencil eraser, and a hot wheel door (yesterday's was blue). Odd

The last three times out I have found a large tablespoon, sites miles apart. Each time they have been totally flat, like they were made that way, flat as a piece of paper. Yes, odd.:dontknow:

Last edited:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find on the ring bixby, I find alot of shotgun shells at the beach, almost every time I go, and of corse fishing weights, this spring I cashed in 100 lbs. happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your 'pretty lady' is probably part of a necklace. it is fashioned to look like a repousse punch coin, a process that was popular in the late 1910's to punch coins with an image of Lady Liberty coming out of the coin in 3D. some forum members here have found repousse punched coins. it is hard to date however, because the process is still alive today and the dies are still available for purchase and they look just like the old ones.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
with the date of the old house likely a old bit of a peice of jewelry --the pushed out face "coinage" as jeweley was highly popular from early 1900 to 1930's era --while it is still done * --its not as popular a item as it once was --good chances its from the 1910 to 1940 era --pre WW2

Last edited:

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! So,2 grams of gold is going for $50.00 in scrap..It's only gonna go higher baby!:headbang:

steveouke

Jun 12, 2012
Rose Hill, KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 with 8 x 11 DD, Garrett PP, Lesche Digging tool, Sampson shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and just my opinion you should start a blog. It would be very interesting I bet..

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go my friend, Cool ring, As far as the lady goes hmmmm..... not sure she's a looker though! With out a size reference it's hard to tell
maybe a bracelet of some type.. HH

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
God stuff in the corner lots. The ring is very nice! I always find at old house sites, brass off the doors gets me fired up then pop more door parts.

Keep digging HH

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, sounds like a fun hunt, and an awesome gold ring to boot! Be careful though, old homesites can be addicting and therapy dosen't help.:laughing9: Enjoy the obsession and HH.

P.S. Ya wanna know what I find almost every time I hunt an old home site?:laughing7:

Attachments

• 100_6140.JPG
    100_6140.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, sounds like a fun hunt, and an awesome gold ring to boot! Be careful though, old homesites can be addicting and therapy dosen't help.:laughing9: Enjoy the obsession and HH.

P.S. Ya wanna know what I find almost every time I hunt an old home site?:laughing7:

Hey you been at my house? lol Looks just like that and they will keep you going back. HH

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always said that nice girls hang out at street corners!
Carl
Sweet finds, by the way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions