Thought this was a little unusual

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a little time this afternoon so I went to a nearby park with a small pond in it to practice my pinpointing skills....found a few clad pieces is all and was getting ready to leave when I got a signal...so I dug and found a small childs religious medal. I looked at it briefly and walked about 2 feet and got another signal...another religious symbol in the form of a cross....

medal1.jpg

The cross has religious symbols on the front and the childs medal says " Pontifical Association of the Holy Childhood"

When you turn them over, the cross has more symbols and says "I am a Catholic, Please call a priest." At the very bottom it says Steel Filled Chapel. The childs medal says "Holy Virgin Mary Pray for us and the (something) Children.

medal2.jpg

I suspect the cross came off of a rosary but have no clue about the childs medal...It is extremely lighweight like aluminum....thought it kind of odd to find these a couple feet apart in a public park....Thanks for lookin....Shorty

Upvote 0

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it says 'Poor Pagin Children"

R.Ezell

Greenie
Oct 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does say that. I found one of those today in a front yard that I was allowed to hunt. It is made in Italy and it is aluminum. Kind of a cool find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread