U.S. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOUND IN LAS VEGAS RIVER BED!!!!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well TN-Family,hubby & I drove to LV this weekend for our grandson's 4th birthday.:occasion13:Took my Whites Mxt Pro b/c my step son decided to take me to a dried up Riverbed.Detected for about an hour with my husband,step son & our grandkids:hello2:Each time I got a target the grandkids got excited:laughing9:I dug up this license plate & a bullet casing which read Western 38 Caliber:icon_scratch:Let me just say it was hard digging in tough hard soil,plus I didn't have the right tools:BangHead:A pick would've been better than my flimsy beach shovel:laughing9::laughing7:I give a :icon_thumright:up to all those that dig tough soil:weee:It was a good experience,now maybe I can try Gold-digging:headbang:Anyway I then went to a park nearby where they live & found some coins,matchbox cars in the tot-lot..The dance charm,junk earring & the rest of coins was dugged up from the earth:laughing7:And-Yes I do fill in my plugs which is very small which you couldn't even tell I was there:award_star_gold_1:,,HH

Attachments

• photo-78.JPG
    photo-78.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 3

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find ! Government plates are hard to find .
Glen

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Cool finds! Okay, I can't resist goofing around with your title: IT'S NOT SURPRISING TO FIND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ENDING UP IN A LAS VEGAS RIVER BED! CUZ OVER MANY DIFFERENT ADMINISTRATIONS, THE FEDS HAVE ENDED UP IN SOME MIGHTY STRANGE SITUATIONS! sorry for the tepid joke, but best I can do. We have a lot of hard dirt over here and I'm a rather puny grandma, so I love days when I detect beaches instead! But it does sound like your family managed to have fun! HH Andi

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds.:icon_thumleft:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat plate, Kiana! Never know just where the gov't is gonna show up...

The soil up here in New Hampshire has been dry and hard. Not as bad as LV area, but hard to dig nonetheless. Glad to hear you got out for a while and that you and the kids and grands enjoyed yourselves.

HH,
Anita

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if you could only get the kids to dig!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a some good work. I know about hard dirt. My hands and wrist can be very sore after a trip to the even the local park. While you can find a Trenching shovel fairly cheap at Home Depot. You may wish to invest from a site like predator tools. If you havent been there, its worth a visit. I dont own any of the tools as IM a poor man. But it doesnt hurt to look.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little touch-up paint and you'd never have to buy a new plate again. :laughing7:

I see you also found an elusive and rare pull tab.

Sounds like a great day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread