New house, Oklahoma Tax Token!

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
We moved to a new house in Mountain View, OK. I swung the coil for a bit, and after digging up about 50 nails, a rusted metal New Year's noise maker from the 50s and a squashed .45 shell casing, my Ace 250 rang like a quarter.

Turned out it was an Oklahoma 1 mil tax token. These were made around 1935, so I am feeling really good about finding silver in this yard.

Upvote 0

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tokens Are Good To Find Too! And I Bet There Is Silver And Other Cool Coins In Your Yard. Can't Wait To See What Else You Find. I Would Like To See A Picture Of Your Tax Token If You Can Post It :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I am still in the process of unpacking, and my Iraq related back injury is keeping my detecting to a minimum. So far I have been raking the ground and running a big magnet over it to get out as many nails and other iron junk as possible out before I start swinging the coil again.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find a lot of them. sometimes it seems that was the only money people around here had to lose.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I have only found one old token. Hope your back will allow you to find many more treasures!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cool find, it's a very good sign that silver is possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions