FOUND A CACHE!

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
Went out hunting today. hit a small park outside of town. Nothing great found, odds and ends. I decided to check around some trees out in an area that tough to navigate. While swing'n the detector around, I clipped a strong signal right next to the tree...right under a stack of bark...with something green..I GOT SOMETHIN!!! :o

Removing the bark I saw an old ammo can...I looked around then back to the can. As I pulled it out my thoughts of old treasure went went out the window, oh well, it's hidden...money from a bank robbery? SOMEBODY hid it!

I opened it and peeked inside... my heart sank... :'( it was a GeoCache, which meant I don't get to keep it. We took it home and had a good time looking thru it and reading all the notes, we will respect it , add some trinkets and replace it later today.

so close......

neil

geo4s.JPG

Upvote 0

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
CONGRATS!

Are you allowed to keep the chest the supplies came in? :)

-CC

OP
OP
wolfpaw518

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
A Geo Cache is a box that someone places with a few items in , they hide it then pass out clues for others to hunt for it. If you find a cache you may take something from inside AND you leave something and replace it for someone else to find...I just happened to find it with a metal detector instead of GPS ;D It was left in 2001 and has MANY entrys in the log book.

check out;
http://geocaching.com

neil

S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Thanks in advance for going and replacing it, from a GeoCacher ;) ;) ;) ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, LOL! I also found a Geo cach at a very old castle ruin here in Germany, I added my only decent find to it, a large rusty nail and signed the book. HH, Mike

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Wolf,

make you wonder for a moment, is this
the big one. :o

Have found several; ditto what BM said,
I sign the books, don't take anything but
do leave a nail. pulltab, or such ;D

Nice find.

have a good un.............

OP
OP
wolfpaw518

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
make you wonder for a moment, is this
the big one. :o

OH YEA!!! I knew I had something but what?...very suspenseful for a few moments!

Clifford Powell

Nov 13, 2005
New Mexico
Thank You!!

We geocache a lot and nothing is as frustrating as going to all the trouble to search for one and find out it's been removed. It's very good of you to replace the cache. We really like the geocache hobby and spend a lot of time at it.

Again, thanks for replacing - - - -

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, congrats on the great find....you done the right thing by replacing it, one day, that box will give someone else the feeling you got when you found it. ;)

Well Done//HH//NS//

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah nice job on putting it back. I found one a while back. All the contents were spilled. I replaced them all and hid the the box under a fallen tree and then stacked limbs next to it in a quite obvious fashion. Can't be seen from the park, but, only a geo-cacher would know it is there somewhere. Couldn't sign the log because it was wet. It was first placed there in 1994!! Last entry was from this year in January I think. Well, at least someone else will have the oppurtunity to find it now.

Funny thing is that I saw it on Friday morning before work and didn't pay much attention to it. The next day I took my kid to the same place to hunt because I had found some collar disks. This time we saw it and check it out. When we realized what it was we did the right thing.

GL and HH

Laater...

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
What a time it would be to have a great big pile of fake valuable coins to put back in that box. And see if you can be around when the cacher finds the find.

LoL, yeah its mean. But then again sure brought your heart to a flutter than a flitter.

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
wolfpaw518

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
I SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT WHERE I FOUND IT..but NOoooo...I had to bring it home for the family to see. The wife enjoyed reading the entry's so much we are now a Geo Cache family!
LOL.

oh well...

We put it back later that day after restocking it with a BUNCH of neat new trinkets, The family is already searching for geo cache locations from our area on the web site.

It IS kinda fun...(gotta luv google-earth! ;) )

ya know...
I should add a geo-cache thats buried and requires a metal detector...hmmmm, just a thought...

neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread