Same site more relics, clad, copper & unknown large copper coin possibly?

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the title says it all.. been back to the same site I've been doing..

Unknown round copper coin like object, it's slightly (1mm) larger than a quarter but also slightly skinnier & it weighs 5.9 grams. Have not attempted to clean as of yet. Does anyone have an idea at all on what it could be from just the size, weight & make up (copper). It sure looks like an old copper coin but I see NO markings or impressions in/on it. Maybe after some peroxide I'll be able to see something? Would love input on it!

70's Key & can opener

Multiple old copper light socket pieces & a copper pointy thingy

Late 1800's or early 1900's whole door lock assembly (possibly Van Camp brand but not 100% sure yet)

2 clad quarters

The door lock, 15-20 nails, 2 quarters & the copper round coin like object were all found within 1.5' of each other between 2 big old trees that are about 10' apart in an old back yard. The area is so littered with iron that the copper & clad weren't found till the door lock & nails were found & removed first. There is still a whole bunch of iron & nails in the ground in this general area so it will be a lot of work getting this section done properly & it's gonna destroy the area but I have a feeling this is the hot spot of the whole yard & they don't care if I sort of tear it up as its a spot that grass doesn't grow very well on anyhow. Might just destroy it, buy some better soil to mix in & then replant some grass seed for em.

DSC01197.JPG DSC01198.JPG DSC01199.JPG DSC01202.JPG DSC01200.JPG DSC01201.JPG DSC01203.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions