3 Indians, 1 Merc & a Water Ski

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
3 Indians, 1 Merc & a Water Ski

I had a nice day out by a very old recreation area along the Hudson River. it was sunny and nice out. First stop was a small beach where I found a fully intact water ski (not the single ski kind, but half of a pair of skis). Seeing as one ski wouldn't be much help, I left it there. Then I went to the area where the people would picnic and swim, and there was a snack stand way back when. This is the area I've referred to as the "Barber Site" because I found five barbers in a day a couple of months ago, and a few other barbers there. I got a 1923 Merc with a no date Indian in the same hole. Then I got two more Indians ('02 and 03) together in a different hole. I'll try to get a photo up, but the teenagers have done something with the camera again :-(

A nice side story is a group of about 10 senior citizens came by and were very interested to see my finds. One guy was excited to see the 1923 Merc, because he was born that year. Another older guy looks at him, looks at the Merc, looks back at him and said, "It's in better shape than you." (and everyone cracked up). I then left that site and went to the old kids camp that has been good for silver recently. Just found clad there, but did get a Sacagawia dollar coin before it got dark.

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 3 Indians, 1 Merc & a Water Ski

Nice finds and and good hunt Bergie, congrats on the water ski, err, uhh, I mean silver and Indians, LOL! HH, Mike

M

mchamby

It sounds like you had a pretty good outting.
HH
Mchamby

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Great finds . That s a good spot that keeps giving up the silver for you......Tell those kids you want you own camera for Christmas! ;)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

sweet,, ya gotta love a day like that !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread