Back in the past (My best find yet)

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Went digging yesterday at a 1950's Apartment complex property. Didn't finish the property and didn't get any coins. Really waiting to get my Ace 250. It's going to be much much better than this low quality Tracker IV but at least I can say for a beginner detector as my first, it's gotten me nice wheats and tokens. Well anyway, according to a 1905 map this property I dug at was directly next to railroad tracks. The tracks were dimolished in 1925 and a road was put in place. Well I was running along a sidewalk tear out next to the property where the apartments had stood and got a blasting signal in my headphones and dug it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I Dug these out about 5 inches down.

1.jpg

I have always been a railroad buff and finding these from an old railroad that has no sight of being there anymore is absouletely awesome. I dug that "J" hook and railroad Spike. It's amazing that I can pull something out of the ground that links me back in the past to the roaring 20's.

2.jpg 3.jpg

Upvote 0

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a nice display board and hang them on your wall for all to see.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now dont bash the tracker ive used one for 5 years now and i love it found more finds with it than my whites if you need any tips on using it send me a pm and congrats the railroad relics are cool.in my book!

Matt

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're gonna love the Ace 250!! For a low priced detector one of the best on the market! Then again that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread