1/2 of a half dime, colonial buttons, CW bullets/relics & some silver/coins

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to brag about here except maybe the 1/2 of a half dime. It was found on the same site where the colonial stuff was found. Earlier this summer I found another 1/2 of a half and when I found this latest one I thought for sure I'd truly found the needle in the haystack, the other half of the first one I'd dug. Alas though, it wasn't to be. Odd that both were heavily damaged, probably by fire (and yes, they're silver and not counterfeits.) and then broken in half. I'm beginning to think that these may have belonged to the slaves on the property. Both halves are almost the exact same shape, probably about 2 1/2 cents worth back then....... and I also have to take the blame for the break in the latest one found.....like a big dummy I tried to straighten it out a bit with my fingers.....bah! Good thing it was already heavily damaged or I would have been sick. One of the colonial buttons has grooves cut by hand around the perimeter of the front, a neat find. The others are plain. Most all of the buttons I've found on this site are plain with no surface decoration. There's also a piece which I believe may be from the toe of a very early cowboy boot or another pointed toe shoe. It's brass and made with that angle. The CW relics came from 2 different sites, both pretty much hunted out. The tent grommit and percussion cap came from one site, the bullets and tiny ring from the other. Notice the two 69 cals that I pictured the cavities on, both seem to have been flawed with bubble-cavities formed inside during the molding process. The tiny ring came from the same depth and area as the bullets. It's either a child's or a very small woman's. Unfortunately it just has paste/glass stones in the top and seems to have been silver plated. The silver dimes, buff. nickel and toasted V nickel all came from seperate hunts in different areas. There are also 3 tokens, none ancient but still cool. One is a brass $5 token from a furniture and home furnishings store, the other two are aluminum and political in nature. One has a mispelled name on it, MARTHB.....lol, I bet old Martha was pretty upset when her tokens came in for her campaign and she found her first name was mispelled! Old coins have been few and far in between for me for a couple of months now. Sure hope to hit on a good site soon.

Attachments

• halfdimes1.jpg
    halfdimes1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 310
  • halfdimes.jpg
    halfdimes.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 912finds2.jpg
    912finds2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 912finds3.jpg
    912finds3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 912finds4.jpg
    912finds4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 912finds9.jpg
    912finds9.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 912finds8.jpg
    912finds8.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 912finds7.jpg
    912finds7.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 912finds6.jpg
    912finds6.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 912finds5.jpg
    912finds5.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 3

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
your broken half dimes are counterfiet. That is sweet! Ive got a capped bust half dime just like those!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice relics:headbang:

Never seen half of a half dime counterfeit..

Thats alot of cemetery flag stars...Were you poaching:laughing9:

Very good outing..

Blaze

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reall cool finds, I like the 1half of a dime.:occasion14: