granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from Atlantic City for a quick getaway. I only got 2 hours in on the beach and didn't find much of note, but overall I am continued to be impressed with with the Fisher CZ-21's detection ability. While I was setting up my gear I saw another detectorist on the beach. I figured it's a big beach and I would just stay out of his way after I figured out his territory. Well, he was all over the place with no rhyme or reason and his swings were like a pendulum. If there were targets under his feet, he'd miss most of them.

I first started along the line where the waves deposit shells onto the shore. All quiet. Then I got a faint, repeatable signal. I dug, deep, deeper, deeper still. Luckily I had my Pro Pointer with me otherwise I wouldn't have found it. Overall I'd say it was about 14 inches down or more. At first I thought it was a small stud earring, but it was a tiny screw. About the size of a screw used to screw in a hard drive inside a computer. So small I haven't been able to find it in my pouch (but I still have to go through it more).

I wanted to test my theory about the other detectorist, who had since disappeared. I went over to a hole I saw him dig in the wet sand and hit 2 targets within about a foot of it. The first was a deep tone followed by another deep tone immediately. I thought maybe a spill of junk or something? It wound up being this hoop earring.

ac-10-12-earring.jpg

Deep tone, and sticks nicely to a magnet. No treasure here!

I found my second foreign coin of the year. An one-center from Isreal. One side has sand stuck hard to it, so I still have to clean it up a bit:

ac-10-12-coin2.jpg

ac-10-12-coin1.jpg

And some clad pennies to round it up:

ac-10-12-pennies.jpg

Again, the Fisher continues to perform. It found me a TON of stuff at the cellar hole in Lancaster, MA and the batteries are still going strong. I'm not a huge fan of mounting the computer to my body (I don't like being tethered to my detector) but it's way too heavy to land use otherwise. This machine continues to help me find what others no doubt step right over.

Upvote 4

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My older CZ-20 works just fine on land. I wear an GI web belt and carry it in a pouch and it's pretty easy to control and carry. It's now a back-up to an ATPro or a loaner when someone wants to try out MDing. I get to the beach every now and then and I've never had a problem with the CZ-20, or with the ATPro, for that matter.

Nice finds. Keep up the good work.

Chuck

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My older CZ-20 works just fine on land. I wear an GI web belt and carry it in a pouch and it's pretty easy to control and carry. It's now a back-up to an ATPro or a loaner when someone wants to try out MDing. I get to the beach every now and then and I've never had a problem with the CZ-20, or with the ATPro, for that matter.

Nice finds. Keep up the good work.

Chuck

Thanks. Yeah, I love the CZ-21 on land too. If you're interested, I just posted a ton of finds from a recent cellar hole hunt in MA with my buddy NJLARGECENT. Day one finds were all with the Fisher. Day 2 was with the Garrett Ace 350.

A Stellar Cellar | Treasure Detectors

northcal

Sep 17, 2008
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21/
Garrett ATGold/
Garrett ProPointer/
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Grant, I also have a CZ-21. Do you
Have the 8 or 10" coil? I went with the 8".
Its great , in water and around rocks,
but the 10" would be nice on the beach.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 10 inch. Love it. I have heard its a tad harder to handle in the waves but I haven't tried that yet.

Battery life is amazing too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread