The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again ... this day started out with a plan . I was to head down to Tims neck of the woods and meet him and Jeff at a restaurant . So when I arrived the two of them were filling there faces with a nice home cooked breakfast .....It looked good so I had to have some hash browns for a quick fix and then we just headed out to that field..... where we hoped to find the area that the Horse track had been. After a couple of hours and a few meager finds we headed back to the truck anddiscussed what we had missed or if we had the right area.

P9270005 Large Web view.jpg

So now that the plans have changed we decide to head down the road to an old cellar hole I noticed along the road on private property....asking permission was not a problem the people were very nice and let us detect without a problem .......but again we found nothing .......I happen to find a Silver buckle , but there was just to much garbage everywhere......!

P9290040 Large Web view.jpg

Now that we took a break and had something to eat for lunch , we now decided to head down to Allegheny county to hunt the farm fields that (Bob) the farmer and land owner gave me permission to hunt . This area has given up plenty of early colonial coppers, large cents and early Relics and Buttons. So with the day starting to get late and already 2:00 pm ....Tim decided to call it the day .......So rather than call it the day ourselves. Jeff and I decide to go to the Farm field and give it a go , and I am so glad I did because when we got there , no more than 10 minutes went by when I got this good hit down very deep. So I started digging.... the ground was still wet from all the rain we had so it made for some easy digging . I had dug down about 12 inches

P9280013 Large Web view.jpg

and as I swung the coil over the hole I now had a very nice sound and I just know this was going to be good........But what I saw on the next shovel of dirt was just amazing ....a large silver coin on edge, so I just called to Jeff " you have to see this" .......Now I never found a Bust Half so this was not only a first for me but a heart pumping find! An 1835 Capped Bust half I could not believe it.......

P9290022 Large Web view.jpg

P9290023 Large Web view.jpg

There are still coins here! They are deep but you never know when your going to hit them. Plus being only 30 feet from the road in an area that I really never gave much attention , surely surprised me with my first bust half! After all this I just have to do one thing .......and thats to thank Bob the land owner for the opportunity he has given me and my friends to hunt this very old area!

Thanks and Happy Hunting

The Seeker

Attachments

• P9290024 Large Web view.jpg
    P9290024 Large Web view.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6,684
  • P9290028 Large Web view.jpg
    P9290028 Large Web view.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 6,634
  • P9280014 Large Web view.jpg
    P9280014 Large Web view.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 6,528
Upvote 0

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT
allegheny county, pa.? i'm from pittsburgh and we're looking for some good places to hunt.that was an awesome find...........jb

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Man! thats Beautiful! I would settle for a seated half! You guys on the east coast get some great stuff. I WOULD FAINT like one of those goats.

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
great find...

deeper then i seem to get signals... always clearing trash - hoping to get to the next deepest target... i know there down there... love to hear you guys finding them..

Also thanks for the story... and the site pics..

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
What a sweeet find!!

A bust coin of any denomination is a heart pumper!! I've got a couple dimes but not a Half and thats one beautiful coin!! Congrats!!

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Very..very...cool find! WTG Seeker. Gla dto see you back at it and finding the monster stuff still...

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amf said:
Seeker...

Outstanding post...
Outstanding find...

It is stuff like this which makes this forum a great place.

Keep it up...
Thanks for the insperation...

AMF

PS nice FORD pickup too
Hey amf.......and eveyone who has posted on this thread....! it was a nice find and believe me, I had a big smile on my fiace when that baby popped out of the ground. Like most place I hunt , it all happens with some good research and a little luck. Thanks again!

Keep on Digging! The Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread