3rd time out with the E-trac brings Gold!!

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love reading about everyones finds here and wanted to share my latest!

I'm still very new to the etrac, I've read Andy’s book and watched countless vids. I ran everything of value that I could find in the house under the coil to get a sense of what the numbers and sounds are like. Even made a test garden with coins buried at different depths to get some real world numbers . All I can say is it's been worth every second because it gave me a good idea of just what to look for with great results.....

I decided to hit my yard once again tonight, and after finding a wheatie, I got a 12-11 hit at 3 inches. I hit all sides and it was pretty consistent. So I dig and reach in thinking clad nickel and my fingers went through what should've been the center of the coin. I start pulling on it and noticed it was attached to what I thought was a string (an earring with a feather came to mind) as I shine some of my pro pointer light on it I see the stone and it hits me....gold engagement ring!! What an awesome 15 minutes in the dark!! I wanted to clean it up so badly to read what probably said made in china on the inside, but I needed to get a few pics of it with this so called STRING still attached...lol So after cleaning her up, I look inside and there it was...10k. I'm not a jeweler so I have no idea if the stone is real or not, what do you guys think, does it look real to you??

This is my second gold ring this year (first was a thin 18k woman’s band 3 weeks back) and first nice find with the etrac. The funniest thing is I haven't found any silver yet since I started md'ing at all. But I find 2 gold rings, how in the world does that happen?? Not that I'm complaining 8-)

Guys there's nothing like the thrill of what your next find could be, absolutely love this hobby!!

Eddie

The grass must of kept it from sinking, I've owned my house for 8 years so it's been there at least that long.
CSC_0098.JPG
CSC_0101.JPG
CSC_0104.JPG
The stone is still pretty dirty, gotta try and clean it up some more, any suggestions from Tnets pros?
CSC_0106.JPG
Both Rings
CSC_0108.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 8

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent find! It's been awhile since I've pulled a gold ring. Great feeling!!
I suggest taking it to a jewelery store or one of the places where they buy scrap gold. They most likely have one of those small pen like probes that measures the heat conductivity of the stone and can tell you if it's CZ or a real diamond.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Have it checked out 4 sure! Keep us informed.

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! You found one too... HH

jhumbert40

Sep 13, 2012
Bayville New Jersey
Detector(s) used
whites m-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring...Most real diamonds are usually vented under the setting..I see there the open vent under the diamond...So most likely it is real..The reason they do that so the diamond don't crack and it can breath... So you may have the real thing...But don't quote me 100%...Also when you see it in a real gold setting is usually a good sign also...I hope it is real and what a find...

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

OP
OP
strateloss

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks eveyone!! I was blown away when I saw it was gold!! I'll take it to a local jewler later on today to see if the stone is real deal!

Last edited:

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want to pop your bubble, if you wash the diamond with soapy and it doesn't sparkle, it's not real. Hope it is, at least it's gold.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
strateloss

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't want to pop your bubble, if you wash the diamond with soapy and it doesn't sparkle, it's not real. Hope it is, at least it's gold.:icon_thumleft:

appreciate it bud, I actually left it in dawn dish detergent overnight and it's sparkling no doubt. But it's been 11 years since I became an expert on stones...lol (wifes engagement ring) that I remember almost nothing about them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
strateloss

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Eric!!

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure is pretty.I hope it turns out to be the real thing - not everyone can say they found a diamond ring in their own front yard!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, the last gold ring I dug up had an Emerald in it, 14kt And it broke a couple of days later....FYI: If you wear gold anytime you get around chlorine take them off Chlorine reacts to gold on a molecular level and make it brittle. Due to the other metals in it. ( told this from the jewelry store that fixed it for the wife).......................HH

coinhound

Sep 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Whites Prizm 5G, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice find. Very impressed with your efforts to learn your machine and to understand what it's trying to tell you. Your efforts are paying off in a big way. keep up the good work and much luck in your future hunts.

Coinhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread