Todays find wasnt much

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a local watering hole. saw a no tress passing sign so I kept near the road on a different path that was supposed to run down to a watering hole. It was a good thing I had my new Lesche long handle shovel with me, as a big black snake blocked my path. Almost thought it was a fake rubber snake as it did not move. At least till I chopped it into 3 pieces with my shovel!
Further down the path I located the river which strangely had sand as a base. I figured I would see dirt beds, but the sand must of been pushed back up the river with the last hurricane we had. Unfortunately the only other thing I found today was a few buried beer cans (empty ones at that).
I guess I count my blessings that I saw the snake before he saw me and I'm home safe this evening.

Upvote 1

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yikes,scary just like my encounter with a snake,at least you seen that snake .I didn't see mines until I looked at the picture:hello: IMG_2693.jpg

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even when you don't find anything (only junk targets for me lately) it is still a bunch of fun to get out and attempt to find something. Luckily it is getting to be a bit nipply for the snakes around here, but I did see a few rattlers this summer...made me think for a minute about wandering around barefoot!

enjoy,
cc

OP
OP
paulm777

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
austin said:
Poisonous snakes yes, but don't kill non-poisonous ones, Please?????

I would not kill if I knew it was non-poisonous. I believe it was a cotton mouth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread