Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was busy all weekend and about an hour away from home. I did spot two older looking homes close to where I was at, but did not get a chance to ask to hunt until late this evening on the way back home. I had the kids with me, we stopped at the first house and was granted permission by the owner that has lived there over 60 years and the house is a 100 years old. Hit the sidewalk in the front yard and it was a penny kind of day. Dug 20 pennies, 13 are Wheat Cents and 1 1907 Indian Head. I thought for sure we would dig some good silver dimes, only one very worn 1905 Barber. This was our last hole of the hunt because I was on a mission to find silver in this yard and it was getting late. We only had time to look around half of the front yard, so I plan to get back soon to see what else we can find. HH Dave

Attachments

• Barber 1.JPG
    Barber 1.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Barber 2.JPG
    Barber 2.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Barber Dug.jpg
    Barber Dug.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Indian 1.JPG
    Indian 1.JPG
    476.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Indian 2.JPG
    Indian 2.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Wheaties.JPG
    Wheaties.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Pile (800x600).jpg
    Pile (800x600).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Upvote 4

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, i've only dug 12 wheaties all year so far. Congrats on the silver!!

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Indian and barber

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a sucker for an Indian Head Cent, congrats on a good hunt.

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice barber and Indian! I'm on a mission in my yard., My house is from the mid 50's and I've found 15 wheats at least. 3 early and the rest 40's & 50's but still no silver, I guess either I'm missing it, or it's just not there. I refuse to stop looking, even though the finds have become very slim. I still manage to find something every hunt but the silver is eluding me here.

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Lately where I find wheat that's all I find... hoping for some silver soon! HH!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice barber and Indian! I'm on a mission in my yard., My house is from the mid 50's and I've found 15 wheats at least. 3 early and the rest 40's & 50's but still no silver, I guess either I'm missing it, or it's just not there. I refuse to stop looking, even though the finds have become very slim. I still manage to find something every hunt but the silver is eluding me here.

It's good you keep looking. Sounds like there should be some silver there. When the finds start slowing down on a site, I start to hit the less common places and the really trashy areas and go real slow. A lot of times I get a very nice surprise! Keep it up!

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that dime sure has seen some action. Just makes it all the more interesting to think about all the people who had that in their hands and pockets. Nice IHP too-looks like you might be able to bring out the liberty in the head dress, maybe even a diamond or two after cleaning. WTG!

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I would have been very happy with a hunt and finds like what you have there.

Not sure if you're aware of it or not but brass hose ends are quite collectible in some circles. Try a search on EBay using "hoze nozzle" and see what comes up. I think you'll be surprised.

I found one with a patent date from the 1800s a few years back that looked completely different from todays typical style and got quite a chunk of change for it.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I would have been very happy with a hunt and finds like what you have there.

Not sure if you're aware of it or not but brass hose ends are quite collectible in some circles. Try a search on EBay using "hoze nozzle" and see what comes up. I think you'll be surprised.

I found one with a patent date from the 1800s a few years back that looked completely different from todays typical style and got quite a chunk of change for it.

Thanks! I bet your 1800's one was neat. I have found several of these brass nozzles. This one is not very old and seems like it would still work. I offered it to the owner, he just laughed and said you can keep it. He got a big kick out of what all we had found in his front yard.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good hunt to me. :thumbsup: Congrats on the Barber, IH, and wheats. Good luck on a return hunt.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread