Been awhile, my last 2 weeks on the hunt - Silver, buttons and relics, some ID needed

dgree

Greenie
Jun 16, 2012
Marathon, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Here are my finds from the last two weeks. After several weeks of dry weather we were hit with almost a week of so much rain that detecting was near impossible. Finally, I was able to get my boots dirty the last ten days or so and really hit the ground hard!

I detected 3 locations in total. My parent's home (built 1860) a friend's cousin's home (built 1876) and this home built in 1860:

photo_explorer.jpg

I was able to recover many more relics than coins the last several hunts and I wasn't fully able to identify them all. Lets start with what I do know:

Boy scout items:

DSC_0419.JPG DSC_0420.JPG

Buttons: (any details on these would be great. the flower-shaped one says "Superior gold color" on the back and the other rusty flower one is too damaged to read anything from the back at all)

DSC_0421.JPG DSC_0422.JPG DSC_0423.JPG DSC_0424.JPG

SILVER:

DSC_0430.JPG DSC_0431.JPG

Relics: (the pin or clip has the 4H clover at the top.. I have no idea what the key looking item is.. I'm guessing the buckle went to a shoe? The Dog license says 1925 and the other item has a man's name that I haven't been able to connect to the home it was dug up at.)

DSC_0425.JPG DSC_0426.JPG DSC_0427.JPG DSC_0428.JPG DSC_0429.JPG

Lastly, the coppers: 1846 Large Cent and a 1880 Indian Cent.

DSC_0433.JPG DSC_0434.JPG
DSC_0435.JPG DSC_0436.JPG

I recently got permission to detect some property that was once the 2nd most popular inn here in town back in the late 1800s. I will certainly update you when that land is breached. Also, I've been able to meet another local detectorist whose antics and local knowledge are certainly the avenue to the many finds of the future! Thanks for looking and if you can identify anything I have questions about, please do so!!

Upvote 4

coinhound

Sep 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Whites Prizm 5G, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, some very awsome finds indeed. It's no wonder I can't find anything good here in Ohio. They lost all the good stuff before they migrated to my neck of the woods. :BangHead:
Oh well that's life. Keep the photos coming and thanks for sharing them.

Coinhound

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! Great to be able to search those old home sites.

OP
OP
dgree

dgree

Greenie
Jun 16, 2012
Marathon, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the praise, I really appreciate it - especially after seeing that the weather tomorrow morning will be a breezy 26! Its getting harder and harder to reach my freezing fingers into the equally cold and damp earth!

Haha, good luck in Ohio, @coinhound!

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow :hello2: That is some awesome finds :icon_thumleft: Please by all means post more pics as you can, they are great.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
son,don't give up till the ground freezes! You got one nice huntin spot there!! God Bless Chris

OP
OP
dgree

dgree

Greenie
Jun 16, 2012
Marathon, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should be getting out again this afternoon and hopefully again tomorrow as well. I am looking to spend some time in the dreaded "All metals" mode to ensure I clean sweep the area!

Thanks again for all the praise and kind words :D Happy Hunting all!

VB Sanddigger

Sep 6, 2008
Suffolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Key looking item seems to be a watch winder. Nice collection especially the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread