Eyeball find today with family at pumpkin patch! And fridays only good find.

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eyeball find today with family at pumpkin patch! And friday's only good find.

Went to marker/miller farm in winchester,va. today with my wife and kids to let my son play on the jolly cobbler ship they have, and then we took a walk thru the apple orchard. Walking around (staring at the ground the whole time looking at the bare dirt under the tree's) i noticed "roundness" right by the base of an apple tree. I thought at first "a penny" was thinking a zinc but saw the green then thought "maybe a wheat or just maybe an indian!", picked it up and saw where the shank was and said "wow a flat button!" My wife thought that she had the day from me treasure hunting but she was wrong. I can treasure hunt even without my metal detector i told her. Friday after work i had an hour and a half and went back to the spot in Boyce where i found the 8 three ringers in one hole last week and searched that area again but with no luck. so i worked my way around where i found a holed KGII back in the spring and found this Capital Transit Co. one fare in District of Columbia token. Pretty cool to find in Boyce, va., i guess somebody was visiting D.C. in the 1930's or 1940's and brought it back as a souvenir. Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• token,button 016.JPG
    token,button 016.JPG
    606.7 KB · Views: 300
  • token,button 017.JPG
    token,button 017.JPG
    599.3 KB · Views: 259
  • token,button 018.JPG
    token,button 018.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 255
  • token,button 020.JPG
    token,button 020.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 246
  • token,button 022.JPG
    token,button 022.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 262
  • token,button 025.JPG
    token,button 025.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 2

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you are the first ever to find a flat button with just your eyes, great job!

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you are the first ever to find a flat button with just your eyes, great job!
Thanks, yea they must have dug it up when they planted the tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread