U.S. Camp Hunt With Dman: Eagle "C" Button, Spur Part, & Check out the NEW Video

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
U.S. Camp Hunt With Dman: Eagle "C" Button, Spur Part, & Check out the NEW Video

Dman and I hunted for a little less than 3 hours at a U.S. Camp this morning. I scored a Cavalry Officer's eagle button. It's a 20-21 mm CV 1 (in Albert's Button Book), Scovill back mark, upright shank, some gilt remaining, and Larry Hicklen from Middle Tennessee Civil War Relics said it's the size used on "frock" coats. Dman scored an iron spur part that we think is probably pre CW. We believe it's the same style that TENNJOSH dug from a CS cavalry camp when the Trio hunted together. Dman and I both dug parts of utility knives and Doug recovered an iron spoon end. We had a good bullet assortment for a short hunt. It was a beautiful October morning to hunt in Tennessee.
Check out the video with the new Tennessee Trio theme song "Cumberland River Legacy". I wrote the song and Old Stonewall (Richard) talked his very talented son-in-law Pastor Andrew Nissley into setting my words to music, playing guitar, and doing the vocals. Thanks Richard and Andrew. During transition the credits ended up in the middle of the video but I'll fix that next time. HH from Doug and Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0052 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0052 (640x480).jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0062 (640x591).jpg
    DSCN0062 (640x591).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My math adds up! Good music + good folks + good relics = good fun! Enjoyed it Quindy!

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I liked the video !

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy... Loved the video and the music! I noticed that you said you had to leave early because (Dapper) Doug had an appointment. Let me guess, he had an appointment to see his Shrink:hello:. There is something wrong with him! Golf shirt, tie, white patent leather boots ( to ward off ticks), a tux. The boy ain't just right but if I could dig bullets like you guys, heck I might even wear a 3-piece suit! :occasion18: Oh, loved the eagle C button. Never knew there was that many relics still coming out of Hartsville! Tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy, one more thing, I forgot to mention that those sun glasses that Dapper wears come from the " Liberace Collection of Beverly Hills". He told me that.:laughing9:
Tennessee digger

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dapper Digger Doug has turned the relic hunting fashion world upside down!! He digs relics while making a fashion statement - how many can say that! I have a pair of sunglasses similar to those - bought them for $3 at the $1 Store 8-)

Nice song and nice cavalry button Quindy. Looking forward to y'alls next production/dig :icon_thumright:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video Quindy:occasion14:

I enjoyed the song very much and the photos are breathtaking..

I dont even know what to say about Dman's dress attire:laughing9::icon_scratch:

You guys are getting production skills in order..

Blaze

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha you guys are cracking me up. That button really looked nice fresh out of that Tennessee soil. I am glad you boys already have permission to hunt there because I can not imagine "Dapper' knocking on my door and wanting to dig in my pastures. Enjoyed the videos. Keep em coming.:icon_thumleft:
HH
TnMtns

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: That was fun ! Sharp dressed relic hunters 8-) whatever floats your boat , at least D man is not wearing his Elvis style , satin sequenced jump suit and chrome shades . Enjoyed your vid and your Relic Hunting :headbang: Song works well as the soundtrack to some beautiful Tenn, Autumn scenery.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Rob (Creskol), IF69, and Cody (kuger).

Donnie (Tennessee digger), As you & Julia know, he's a hoot to hunt with and loves to dig relics. Pretty good at it too. Go with us next week.

JB, I don't know what to say about his "attire" either-LOl. HH, Q.

Richard, I may have him hide in the bed of the truck while I get permission for us to hunt. I was just glad he didn't cause a cattle stampede in that field-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Dawg (Mike), please don't give him any "Elvis" ideas or the next video will have him digging a bullet and saying "Thank you, thank you very much"-LL. HH Dawg.

Thanks to everyone for looking and you will see the "C" button in American Digger "Just Dug" section in the future as Butch (Publisher) asked me to send the write up. There will be NO pics of Dapper Dman in his outfit-LOL.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be NO pics of Dapper Dman in his outfit-LOL. :dontknow: What !! C'mon Quindy ... one cover shot for American Digger of you guy's diggin' in black tie formal wear would be awesome :cool::cool::D

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Quindy. Love the button. Most of our buttons we find over here in east Tennessee usually don't have any gilt.

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds and cool Video Quindy! You guys are on it!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There will be NO pics of Dapper Dman in his outfit-LOL. :dontknow: What !! C'mon Quindy ... one cover shot for American Digger of you guy's diggin' in black tie formal wear would be awesome :cool::cool::D

He'll scare the cows Dawg!! They might think he's a giant penguin-LOL. Q.

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice Cavalry button, bullets and relics!:thumbsup:

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet "C" button Quindy! Good stuff, glad to see you guys are still doing good over there. Off subject, I've been away from the forum for awhile, but where's Doug?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread