this may be my best find yet!

archer63

Jan 31, 2012
ardmore,okla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this trade token just 4 inches deep, it says good for 25 cents merchendise on one side and L.H.FOOTE Randolph I.T. on the other. i cant upload a pic for some reason.

token1.jpg

token.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no intrinsic value in a token - value can only be determined at a single point in time when a sale is made between a willing seller and a willing buyer, each of whom have some knowledge of what they are dealing with. Estimates of value are just that: estimates. Books with estimated values in them are just the opinion of an author at some point in time. And, since this particular token is not shown in the current OK book, the best estimate we have is for the 5¢ token from the same issuer that is in the book. So, archer, if you are looking for "payday" please report back how you made out. And, out of curiosity, are you going to get the buyers out of the woods by using the popular online auction site based in California? Even though I don't really like that outfit, I use it because it is really the only place online that gets lots of willing sellers and willing buyers together.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
archer63

archer63

Jan 31, 2012
ardmore,okla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys, i got busy and done my research and found the area that the store is in thats listed on the token. been there all day, ruff country no one has hunted the area but all i found was broke glass and bottles, but its the right color if you know what i mean? lots of beer cans though.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer, killer token, and in great condition for being made of aluminum!
Carl

OP
OP
archer63

archer63

Jan 31, 2012
ardmore,okla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ill be sure and post my results, most likely ill sell to a local guy he is pretty honest and fair..

OP
OP
archer63

archer63

Jan 31, 2012
ardmore,okla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well stonewall, it turned out it was worth 550$, for sure my best find so far.. so watch those tokens and thanks for the tips on how to clean it, the olive oil workd great...

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Nice find, hope it's worth a fortune for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread