This is What Backup Detectors are for! Sterling, Coins, Relics Found With Detector #2

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, I wanted to share my experience from today! Yesterday I went detecting at a local skirmish site and pulled one three ringer and twelve percussion caps. I was using my ACE 250, and had said that would be the last hunt I would go on before sending it in for warranty repairs. The 2 year warranty period runs out on the 25th of this month, so I really had to get it sent off to Garrett. I sent the detector off today and decided to take my Tesoro Compadre to a site here in town that has given me many pre civil war coins and relics. I called up the owner of the property and my permission had been revoked, due to another detectorist that was trespassing without permission, thanks guy.:thumbsup: I then went to a site that I have been meaning to go to that is in walking distance from my house and I believe a couple of 1890s houses were on the property. I introduced myself to the homeowner and before you know it they were spilling the beans on where all of the old buildings were in the past and some other information about some other sites in town(future prospects). They gave me permission and said to come back anytime! I went out in the yard and started detecting, random spots, the property is almost ten acres. I ended up scoring some pretty neat stuff for a one hour hunt that got chopped short by a fire call; I am on the local fire department. I ended up getting a 1933 wheat, 1918 wheat, 1957 wheat, a TINY sterling silver salt shaker top, a WORKING condition gas valve, and a PILE of copper.:headbang: I think I am going to love this site because there is very little trash. The signals between good targets are chunky pieces of brass or copper. I think it is going to produce.

The sterling cap weighs in at a beefy ONE GRAM. It is surprisingly not my smallest sterling item. I think it is really cool that the three wheat pennies that I dug were the ONLY coins.

Thank God for backup detectors! I was almost tempted to let the warranty run out on the ace because I use it daily, but now the Compadre has earned my respect.
Thanks for reading!

IMAG0110.jpg IMAG0111-1.jpg
IMAG0112-1.jpg IMAG0113-1.jpg
IMAG0114-1.jpg IMAG0115.jpg
IMAG0116.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds !

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds .... I especially like the sterling shaker top! Nice photos of your coins...what kind of camera are you using? The photos are crystal clear!

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds with #2 detector I find alot with all mine doesn't matter which one I take out HH cool finds

OP
OP
FoundInNC

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds .... I especially like the sterling shaker top! Nice photos of your coins...what kind of camera are you using? The photos are crystal clear!

You wouldn't believe it if I told you that I was using a Droid Incredible that I found on the side of the road to post the pictures and then come to my trusty desktop to complete the narrative!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions