goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool! i bet you two bucks that won'e go through a soda machine ;)

HH
-GC

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck? Who in their right mind would give you that in change, except some kid, who probably can't even count. He has to use the register to tell him everything! You have to wonder what is really behind the counter sometimes.

Anyway nice find!

HH, Ringfinder

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Counterfeit? Bills are numbered in order are they not???

RainDog

Jun 10, 2005
middle Ga
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Discovery 1100
ringfinder said:
What the heck? Who in their right mind would give you that in change, except some kid, who probably can't even count. He has to use the register to tell him everything! You have to wonder what is really behind the counter sometimes.

Anyway nice find!

HH, Ringfinder

Yeah that!! But hey if you appreceate (sic?) someone else's work that much thats your thing. :)
I think I would take that for a $2 lottery scratch off prize. Once.
HH Raindog

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
No, the serial #'s aren't the same... note the middle #'s. (someones post has since disappeared, giving the appearance that I'm talking to myself about this point :D ) I'm not familiar with what size sheets bills are printed in, but perhaps they're legit? :-\ I have seen uncut bill sheets (the mints even sell them, in limited quantities, in this fashion), but I never payed any attention to the serial number pattern. Someone will surely set us straight on that. **Update, from various sites I've noticed that this a legitimate pattern of how they could have been produced. They're not excessively valuable, but a pretty cool item... fit for framing... would make a nice Christmas gift in a new frame. ;)

T

TreasureTales

nhbenz is correct. The serial numbers need not be sequencial. And the uncut bills can be purchased directly from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. I must say, somebody must have been desperate for some cash, because those uncut bills are worth more than face value. You cannot buy them for 2 dollars from the BEP, that's for sure.

http://www.bep.treas.gov/store/index.cfm/9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread