First Seated dime, other silver, lead, token and etc.

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are finds from my last several hunts. I've not been able to spare a whole lot of time lately so my hunts have been short and, for the most part, on sites where I've hunted before. The seated dime, my first...:hello2:....came out of a Colonial age site that I've been hunting when possible since early this past spring. Unfortunately it is covered in tall corn stubble and lots of weeds in between so not much open ground to swing over. I managed to find a few decent pieces since harvest there, however, including the seated dime which was my only good dig on the field in a 1 1/2 hr hunt one afternoon. The bullets, including a small carved pistol bullet (probably 44 colt, size is about right and would fit with other bullets I've found there), and a smashed chunk of lead that I assume is a hard impact fired bullet, all came from a hunted out site that I still hit occasionally. In that picture, on the top side, is a broken piece of gold that came from my Colonial site. I am not sure what it would have been, it was found on top of one hill all by its lonesome and is obviously part of something that was round and larger. The larger flat area is too thin for it to have been a ring and, after seeing something similar in a lady's hair in a movie portraying that era, I think it may be part of a hair piece of some type. Never seen anything made quite like this. The little gold balls seem to have been melted on after being placed on little coils of gold wire. Strange. Definitely will be looking for the other pieces when the field gets plowed in the spring. Also in the pics is a small brass wedge shape that I don't have a clue on. It's about two inches long and has a hole in one end that looks like it was formed or made with a square nail. This was found under a sidewalk tear out and was actually in my junk/recycle pile. I had dismissed it until the rain exposed the hole in the end. Guess I'll keep it as a what's-it now...lol. The two milk tokens came from a new site I just got permission for. A LOT of junk in the ground but it shows definite promise with a house dating to 1851 and history as a dairy farm. Looking forward to more goodies from there. Sure hope I can get some more quality hunting time in before the end of the year....quite a ways short of my silver number goal! HH To all.

Attachments

• seatedime1.jpg
    seatedime1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 110
  • seatedime.jpg
    seatedime.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 1012finds3.jpg
    1012finds3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1012finds4.jpg
    1012finds4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 1012finds2.jpg
    1012finds2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 101
  • home dairy token.jpg
    home dairy token.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 105
  • capecitytoken1.jpg
    capecitytoken1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 94
  • capecitytoken.jpg
    capecitytoken.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 1012finds.jpg
    1012finds.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 1012finds1.jpg
    1012finds1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 3

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Looking Finds! Love the Seated Dime And Tokens! Way To Go! :icon_thumleft:

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice seated

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just traded up to an e trac 3 weeks ago and was hoping to hit my first barber before the end of the year and ill be damned if i didnt find an 1849 O seated in 5 minutes at a brand new location. Just starting to figure out the E trac. 10 silvers in the 3 weeks ive had it

OP
OP
silversweeper

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my etrac and don't regret one penny of the price I paid for it......or for all of the coils I've bought for it! LOL. I've become a coil junky and have found good stuff with each of the ones that I own. Dug 2 mighty deep 3 ring 69 cal drops today in a site no one else bothers to hunt anymore. Of course they were mighty faint and iffy signals, but on this site those are the kind I listen for. Happy Hunting and good luck with the etrac.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice seated, I haven't been able to find one of those babies yet! Congrats

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Dime, last of the Seateds.
I got a copper wedge similar to yours, figured it was a plumb bob..
congrats on getting those gold bits, interesting.
Your dairy token has the purple color of some saltwater silver I recover.
Good show !!!

Attachments

• NH FINDS 02-23 028.jpg
    NH FINDS 02-23 028.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on ur 1st seated.. Those tokens wood make for a good day on their own. U hav any dates on them yet?

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The detail on the seated is awesome! Wish I could find more tokens!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread