Some Finds Yesterday

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was out for almost 2 hours yesterday at a local public area that dates back to the early 1900's.
Not a soul around, and it did not look even remotely used, but something long forgotten.
Quite peaceful to say the least.
On my quest for some older coins, I did find some clad to bring the year totals up.
A good signal led me to that junk ring to the left, it was perpedicular in the hole and I thought it was gold, until
the paint or whatever rubbed off as soon as I picked it up. :laughing7:
Next signal and not even 5 minutes later, just under the surface I picked up that old vintage ring with the stone.
I have to believe that is glass. There are no markings on the metal, and it is tarnished, so I can't believe it is anything but junk.
I still keep looking at it though. Hmmmm. :dontknow:
The lincoln penny just below it (which I thought for sure was a wheat) is a memorial copper that I dug at 14" down as it was 3 inches past the depth of my Lesche.
I could not believe that was a memorial cent, and I dug it on the hope it may be a worn silver.
102312.JPG
Anyway, that does make rings ....13 and 14 I think for the year. I lost count again. :laughing7:
102312B.JPG
Great weather to be out!

Normally, I don't post this kind of stuff--but that ring I thought was cool enough to show and tell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread