jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi folks havent been out much due to loseing my metal detecting bug :dontknow: but ive come back and ive been doing pasture land which the XP Deus loves so ive had a few days over the last few weeks and this is what ive found...

1x Charles 2nd undated silver milled maundy set penny which was the first coinage to have been made by a machine and not hammered this coin is dated 1660-1670

1x a rare type of tudor 16th century purse bar

1x uncommon Edward 1st 13th century not made in england but in europan. yes i did break it in half :( it was a coin which did have some value ($500) :BangHead::BangHead:

thanks for looking any questions please ask

cheers jimmy

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 3

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good set of finds Jimmy, you don't see many of those Milled Charles.....just to let you know it was Elizabeth1st that produced the first Milled coinage in 1591, Great finds. :hello:

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good set of finds Jimmy, you don't see many of those Milled Charles.....just to let you know it was Elizabeth1st that produced the first Milled coinage in 1591, Great finds. :hello:

cheers mate i know lizzy did the first milled coinage but they are very very very rare to find lol but charles 2nd was the well known to have the first milled coinage :)

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad your return to hunting .. :hello: nice coins ! :icon_thumleft:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the penny and the hammered! Too bad it broke, but that is what happens sometimes.....

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad "standard" size (600 pix wide) weren't used on here, be nice to see that a little bigger. I guess the complaining period is over (smiley)

Nice old Silver.

I once broke a coin in half popping it out from it's resting place. Figured it was probably cracked to begin with though ?

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find indeed, but yes...how did you break a coin? Was it already cracked or something?

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes that coin it was bent in half due to it being in the ground for 700 years as hammered coins like this as made from thin silver, i tried to bend it back the way you should n it just snapped :(

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes that coin it was bent in half due to it being in the ground for 700 years as hammered coins like this as made from thin silver, i tried to bend it back the way you should n it just snapped :(
Oh dear??? you should never try to straighten a Ancient Silver coin cold, it has to be annealed first.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread